Narrow Your Results
- Product Series
- Optec 0.5 inch Diameter Round Filters for SSP Photometers (18)
- Optec 2 inch Drawtube Adapters for TCF-S (5)
- Optec 50mm Diameter Round Filters for IFW Filter Wheels - unmounted (30)
- Optec Adapters for OPTEC-2400 Mount (17)
- Optec Adapters for OPTEC-3600 Mount (21)
- Optec AP 2.7x24tpi Threaded Adapters and Extentions (8)
- Optec Control Cable, Hand Controller to TCF-S/IFW, RJ-45 to DB-9 (4)
- Optec IFW 3 inch Filter Wheels for 3 inch IFW (4)
- Optec IFW Filter Wheel for 2 inch IFW (4)
- Optec Intelligent Filter Selector Systems (1)
- Optec Intelligent Filter Selector Systems - 3 Inch (1)
- Optec Mounted 2 inch Diameter Round filters (9)
- Optec NextGEN Series of Telescope Telecompressors (5)
- Optec OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters (8)
- Optec OPTEC-2380 Threaded Mounting Rings (10)
- Optec OPTEC-3000 3-inch Adapters (8)
- Optec RJ-12 Reverse Cable for use with 17695 converter (5)
- Optec Serial Cables (4)
- Optec SSP Cases (4)
- Optec Temperature Compensating Focusing Systems (TCF-S) (4)
Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: 19067(48 States)
Learn MoreModel#: 17821
Learn MoreModel#: 17819
Learn MoreModel#: 17229
Learn MoreModel#: 17430
Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: 17729(48 States)
Learn MoreModel#: 17725
Learn MoreModel#: 17460
Learn MoreModel#: 19691
Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: 17995(48 States)
Learn MoreModel#: 19097
Learn MoreModel#: 19096
Learn MoreModel#: 19095
Learn MoreModel#: 19094
Optec, Inc. is located in Lowell, Michigan, just east of the Grand Rapids metropolitan area. For many years now the company has been in the forefront of research and development of astronomical, visibility, and video/CCD microscopy optical instruments for both amateurs and professional alike.
Optec was incorporated in 1979 and is the successor to DOAA Enterprises; a Detroit based company founded by an Oakland University college student, Gerald Persha. Under the leadership of Persha, Optec has grown from a small basement operation to a corporation employing 7 technicians, machinists, and sales staff. Optec's roots are founded strongly in astronomical research instrumentation with products such as the SSP line of solid-state photometers, photomultiplier tube and CCD photometers, the patented TCF- temperature compensated focuser and the recent addition of the Pyxis 3-inch, a high precision camera field rotator for large telescopes.
Optec has a support staff of many diverse and qualified individuals, who take great pride in their accomplishments at the company.
Optec maintains and uses the Optec Observatory, a small observatory and testing laboratory for Optec's astronomical product line. Using a Meade 10" LX200 telescope and CCD cameras from SBIG. In addition to the Optec SSP single channel photometer line, the Optec Observatory is fully computer controlled with separate control room and observing deck. Recent additions to the observatory now allow remote operations of the telescope, photometer, and CCD camera control software.
In addition to the astronomical product line, Optec designs and manufactures optical couplers for video/CCD microscopy, atmospheric visibility measuring instruments such as the Model LPV transmissometer and the NGN integrating nephelometer. These unique instruments are used to monitor the air quality in many of the national parks in the USA as part of the Improve Network.