The latest Dedicated Ha (Hydrogen-alpha) solar telescope from the industry leaders at Lunt Solar Systems is a beautiful 50mm Pearl White unit that comes complete with Lunt's revolutionary Internal Pressure Tuner (True Doppler) in a Single Interference Etalon configuration. Also included is a mandatory 6mm (B600) Blocking Filter in a Lunt Diagonal connected to a precise Helical Focuser. Focal length measures 350mm producing an f/7 focal ratio. The measured Bandpass comes in at <0.75 Angstroms @ 656nm as equipped (single stacked), which can be lowered to <0.5 Angstroms by double stacking with the addition of an optional Lunt Solar compact, front mounted, double stack filter LS50C. Double stacking produces greater detail and gives 3-D like appearance to the Sun's surface features.
Attachment to a (user supplied) mount is facilitated by an Integrated Clamshell with a 1/4-20 tapped Base.
BLOCKING FILTERS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL LUNT SOLAR SYSTEMS
Lunt Solar Systems currently offers 4 blocking filter apertures for use with Lunt Solar Etalon systems. The Blocking Filter houses additional filters which are required for the safety and performance of the solar package. Lunt Solar blocking filters contain a unique filter system. Lunt can only warranty safety or performance when one their blocking filters is paired with a Lunt H-alpha filter or telescope.
Focal Length Specifications (Visual Use):
• B600 : For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 600mm
• B1200: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1200mm
• B1800: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1800mm
• B3400: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 3400mm (only available in straight-thru design)
Focal Length Specifications (Imaging Use):
When imaging with a Lunt Solar System it is recommended that the user opt for the next larger Blocking Filter than that recommended for Visual use. This is due to the fact that most Imaging Systems require additional “backfocus”. This requires that the Blocking Filter be moved further up the light cone. As a result the aperture of the Blocking filter needs to be larger to allow for the larger cone size.
• B600: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 400mm
• B1200: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 600mm
• B1800: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1200mm
• B3400: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1800mm (only available in straight-thru design)
Lunt Solar Blocking Filter Housing Options
- 1.25″ or 2″ diagonal with T2 connection
- 2″ extension tube with T2 and 2” connection, aka “straight-thru”
Lunt Solar LS50THa Features:
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Aperture: 50mm
- Focal Length: 350mm
- F Ratio: F7
- Bandpass: <0.75 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: Helical Focuser
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B400 Blocking Filter (standard) or B600 Blocking Filter (upgrade)
- Skill level: Beginner on up
|Name||Lunt Solar Systems - LS50THa 50mm Pressure Tuned Hydrogen-alpha Telescope with B600 Blocking Filter|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|