LUNT SOLAR • LS50THa 50mm Pressure Tuned Ha Telescope w/ B600 Blocking Filter • LS50THa/B600
The latest Dedicated Ha (Hydrogen-alpha) solar telescope from the industry leaders at Lunt Solar Systems is a beautiful 50mm Pearl White unit that comes complete with Lunt's revolutionary Internal Pressure Tuner (True Doppler) in a Single Interference Etalon configuration. Also included is a mandatory 6mm (B600) Blocking Filter in a Lunt Diagonal connected to a precise Helical Focuser. Focal length measures 350mm producing an f/7 focal ratio. The measured Bandpass comes in at <0.75 Angstroms @ 656nm as equipped (single stacked), which can be lowered to <0.5 Angstroms by double stacking with the addition of an optional Lunt Solar compact, front mounted, double stack filter LS50C. Double stacking produces greater detail and gives 3-D like appearance to the Sun's surface features.
Attachment to a (user supplied) mount is facilitated by an Integrated Clamshell with a 1/4-20 tapped Base.
BLOCKING FILTERS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL LUNT SOLAR SYSTEMS
Lunt Solar Systems currently offers 4 blocking filter apertures for use with Lunt Solar Etalon systems. The Blocking Filter houses additional filters which are required for the safety and performance of the solar package. Lunt Solar blocking filters contain a unique filter system. Lunt can only warranty safety or performance when one their blocking filters is paired with a Lunt H-alpha filter or telescope.
Focal Length Specifications (Visual Use):
• B600 : For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 600mm
• B1200: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1200mm
• B1800: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1800mm
• B3400: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 3400mm (only available in straight-thru design)
Focal Length Specifications (Imaging Use):
When imaging with a Lunt Solar System it is recommended that the user opt for the next larger Blocking Filter than that recommended for Visual use. This is due to the fact that most Imaging Systems require additional “backfocus”. This requires that the Blocking Filter be moved further up the light cone. As a result the aperture of the Blocking filter needs to be larger to allow for the larger cone size.
• B600: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 400mm
• B1200: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 600mm
• B1800: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1200mm
• B3400: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1800mm (only available in straight-thru design)
Lunt Solar Blocking Filter Housing Options
- 1.25″ or 2″ diagonal with T2 connection
- 2″ extension tube with T2 and 2” connection, aka “straight-thru”
Lunt Solar LS50THa Features:
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Aperture: 50mm
- Focal Length: 350mm
- F Ratio: F7
- Bandpass: <0.75 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: Helical Focuser
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B400 Blocking Filter (standard) or B600 Blocking Filter (upgrade)
- Skill level: Beginner on up
The LS50THa from Lunt Solar Systems is a 50mm, unobstructed, pressure-tuned, dedicated Hydrogen-alpha telescope with a bandpass of <0.75 A.
The excitement of viewing our Star through a dedicated solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights. This package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
The Lunt LS50THa Solar Telescope, complete with a Pressure Tuner, provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to solar observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning, allowing basic research of the Sun’s disk and some surface details.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
|Name||Lunt Solar Systems - LS50THa 50mm Pressure Tuned Hydrogen-alpha Telescope with B600 Blocking Filter|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|
|Custom Stock Status||In Stock|