The Lunt LS80THa/PT (PRESSURE TUNED) is a precision aligned ED Doublet lensed Refractor based scope with a fully un-obstructed 80mm optical aperture. This is a complete and dedicated Solar Telescope with a Focal Length of 560mm thru an included 12mm Blocking Filter and an Image Scale of 408. Image scale is calculated by the effective image size at the focal plane and the clear aperture of the scope. This package provides a significant step up into the Intermediary category of Solar Observing. The advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning permits fine adjustment of the center wavelength, allowing views of the Suns' disk and surface details at increased image scale. An Internal Module features an Optimized Collimation system to reduce off-axis aberration. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions will be observed in spectacular detail! This variant also includes a precision Starlight Instruments FeatherTouch dual speed focuser.
The Lunt Solar True Doppler Tuning system allows for a shift into and away from the user adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip. This allows for enhanced Visual and Imaging capability for the observer.
The LS80THa can be internally double stacked (see LS80Ha/PT/DSII) at time of purchase or anytime thereafter. Internal Doublestacking provides a truly enhanced high definition view of the Suns' surface details. This truly revolutionary addition reduces the Bandpass to <0.5 Angstroms. The LS80T/PT does not need to be returned to the factory for doublestacking.
- A major step into intermediary solar observing, the Lunt Solar Systems LS80Tha Pressure Tuned Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope comes with a precision aligned 80mm ED doublet lens.
- Internal etalon system with pressure tune adjustment that allows an internal <0.7 Angstrom bandpass.
- The Lunt 80mm H-Alpha Telescope has a focal length of 560mm, and includes a Lunt B1200 (12mm) Blocking Filter.
- Includes a silky smooth Starlight Instruments FeatherTouch dual speed 10:1 focuser
- The LS80THa PT includes a Lunt 6" Dovetail mount, Sol Searcher Sun Finder, Lunt Zoom Eyepiece and an Aluminum foam-lined case.
LS80THa/PT Features: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 80mm (Unobstructed)
- Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 560mm
- F Ratio: 7
- Focuser: 2" Starlight Instruments FeatherTouch dual speed w/ 10:1 ratio
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 8.8 lb.
- Sun Finder: Televue Sol Searcher
- Mounting: Lunt 6″ Dovetail
- Eyepiece: Lunt Zoom Eyepiece
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam
Lunt Solar Systems LS80THa Pressure Tuned H-alpha Telescope
The Lunt Solar Systems LS80/Ha H-Alpha Telescope is the perfect telescope for the intermediate solar observer. Want something more than your current 40mm set up but don't want to full tilt on your budget? This is the scope series for you!
Lunt Solar Systems LS80THa Pressure Tuned H-alpha Telescope
Now introducing the Lunt Solar Systems LS80/Ha H-Alpha Telescope! The perfect telescope for the intermediate solar observer. Want something more than your current 40mm set up but don't want to full tilt on your budget? This is the scope series for you!
But there's more than just a pretty view... You can achieve coarse focus adjustment with a slide tube, and then fine adjustments to focus are accomplished via the included 2" FeatherTouch focuser with 10:1 reduction. Its clam shell mount is compatible with most tripods and mounting holes are all part of the Lunt Solar Telescope System.... Right down to the stylized white pearl paint with anodized black trim and included foam lined hard case!
The LS80 Ha Telescope PT is a precision aligned ED refractor with a fully un-obstructed 80mm optical aperture. This package provides a significant step up into the Intermediary category of Daytime Solar Observing, Maintaining the most advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning for fine adjustment of the center wavelength, allowing research of the Sun’s disk and surface details at increased image scale. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions will be observed.
The LS80THa package is fully upgradeable with several options including the NEW evolutionary Dual Internal Stack Etalon System (DSII). The DSII eliminates the need for an external double stack etalon reducing cost and eliminating obstructions. The system is 100% un-obstructed. The band pass is reduced to <0.5 Angstroms. See the Sun's weather in stunning high definition.
Lunt Solar Systems creates their line of h-alpha solar telescopes in Tuscon, Arizona. They have have put together a group of experienced solar enthusiasts who are looking forward to energizing the hobby with a continued commitment to advancing technologies, pride in quality, and the highest level of customer care. These are names you'll recognize, including Andrew Lunt with 20 years of optical design, Markus Ludes with his extensive knowledge of telescope design, Manny Serrano as a design engineer and Brian Stevens assembling, repairing and troubleshooting etalon systems. And newly designed etalon systems are what it's all about.... Some of their new products will range from an entry level 50mm etalon filter through to a 160mm Lunt Solar Telescope System using different components... One that's less thermally sensitive and far less prone to de-contacting.
Lunt Solar Systems LS80THa PT Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope Features...
- New tuner technology. Featuring a true Doppler, pressure tuning system with 408 image scale.
- Given to less thermal disturbances and de-contacting.
- Stylized pearl white paint with black anodized trim.
- Integrated Clamshell mount with 1/4-20 tapped base, 2" Feathertouch focuser, Televue Sol Searcher, Lunt 6" Dovetail, Lunt Zoom Eyepiece and aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam included!
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
|Name||Lunt - 80mm H-Alpha Pressure Tuned Telescope - B1200 - FeatherTouch|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|
|Collimation Cap||internal optimized|
|Eyepiece Barrel Size||2"|
|Filter(s)||12mm Lunt blocking filter|
|Focuser||Starlight Instruments feather touch|
|Objective||precision aligned doublet|
|Optical Coatings||hi contrast multi coatings|
|Pressure Tuning||Lunt True Doppler|
|Secondary Obstruction (%)||0%|