True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament thru it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer. Lunt Solar Systems' Doppler True Pressure Tuning method allows you to rapidly scan the scope’s sub-angstrom passband over the hydrogen alpha wavelength. Simply put, the advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning for fine adjustment of the center wavelength allows research of the Sun’s disk and surface details at increased image scale. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions will be precisely observed.
The LS60/Ha (hydrogen alpha) Solar Telescope is a refractor based system which features a precision aligned singlet chromatical lens with a 60mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduces by half the stray light of an achromat , fully eleminates the possibility for on-axis coma, astigmatism, or decentering aberrations and provides, with the matched collimation lens set, a full spherical corrected flat-field Solar-Telescope. The focal length is 500mm providing a ~4.5 mm image thru a B1200 (12mm) Blocking Filter. Fine adjustment is achieved with a dual speed Crayford style focuser with 10:1 reduction standard. An internal Etalon, optimized at 656.28nm, with tune adjustment +0.0/-0.4 Angstroms, allows for a <0.75 Angstrom bandpass.
With the addition of a secondary front mounted interference filter and the upgrade of the rear trimming filter, the visual package quickly becomes a superb visually enhanced instrument with the ability to also image the Sun utilizing basic camera equipment.
Adding the front filter provides a view of the Sun in virtual 3D. An active ball of churning boiling gasses that spew from the surface in what can be violent eruptions. Cause and effect can be viewed and imaged in real time.
- Single stack mode will achieve a bandpass of ~0.75 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Double stack mode will have a bandpass of ~0.55 Angstroms @ 656nm
BLOCKING FILTERS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL LUNT SOLAR SYSTEMS. Lunt Solar Systems currently offers 4 blocking filter apertures for use with our Etalon systems. The Blocking Filter houses additional filters which are required for the safety and performance of the solar package. Lunt Solar blocking filters contain a unique filter system. Lunt will only warranty safety or performance when a Lunt blocking filter is paired with a Lunt H-alpha filter or telescope.
- Ultra-Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28nm) Dedicated System.
- A 60mm refractor based system with additional 50mm aperture secondary removeable filter.
- Dual etalons with the NEW Pressure Tuner allows for <0.5 Angstrom bandpass, providing 3D like enhanced surface detail.
- Use the Lunt double-stacked LS60T in Single-Stack mode forprominence viewing or in Double-stack mode for surface detail.
- The larger rear trimming filter allows for imaging with most basic camera equipment.
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in Aluminum reinforced cases.
- An eyepiece is NOT included, and although any eyepiece will work, we recommend the Lunt Zoom.
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS60THaDS50 Double-Stack 60mm H-Alpha Telescope is a custom designed 60mm singlet refractor with a focal length of 500mm.
- The LS60THaDS50 model comes double-stacked with a 50mm external etalon from the factory so that you can be assured of the best possible resolution and contrast.
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS60THaDS50 Hydrogen-Alpha Refractor Telescope includes a 6mm blocking filter that provides a ~4.5mm solar image, and a 2" Crayford focuser.
- Factory matched etalon system, with 60mm internal etalon and 50mm unobstructed etalon.
- Use of unobstructed etalons.
- Infra-red deflecting window to eliminate unwanted heat.
- Optimized collimating system for true collimation, coma correction and off-axis reduction.
- Induced Transmission Filter for long term safety, durability and performance.
Features: (double stacked)
- Type: Dual Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning) and front Tilt
- Aperture: 60mm (Scope) 50mm (Filter)
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: 8.3
- Bandpass: <0.5 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B1200 Blocking Filter (included)
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 6.6lbs (Scope) 2.5lbs (Filter)
- Skill level: Intermediate thru advanced
|Name||Lunt - 60mm H-alpha Solar-Telescope with Double-Stacked 50 Etalon filter, B1200 blocking filter with Pressure Tuner and 2 " Crayford Focuser|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|
|Bandwidth||<0.5 Å (double stacked)|
|Bandpass Blocking Filter||Lunt b1800 (18mm)|
|Focal Ratio||f / 8.3|
|Objective lens construction||Precision aligned singlet chromatical|