60mm H-Alpha Double Stack Solar Telescope - B1200 - 2" Crayford Focuser
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS60THaDS50 Double-Stack 60mm H-Alpha Telescope is a custom designed 60mm singlet refractor with a focal length of 500mm.
- The LS60THaDS50 model comes double-stacked with a 50mm external etalon from the factory so that you can be assured of the best possible resolution and contrast.
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS60THaDS50 Hydrogen-Alpha Refractor Telescope includes a 12mm blocking filter that provides a ~4.5mm solar image, and a 2" Crayford focuser. Perfect for Imaging.
- Use the Lunt double-stacked LS60THa in Single-Stack mode for prominence viewing or in Double-Stack mode for surface detail!
- Single stack mode will achieve a bandpass of <0.75 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Double stack mode will have a bandpass of <0.55 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Factory matched etalon system, with 60mm internal etalon and 50mm unobstructed etalon.
- Use of unobstructed etalons.
- Infra-red deflecting window to eliminate unwanted heat.
- Optimized collimating system for true collimation, coma correction and off-axis reduction.
- Stylized pearl white paint with black anodized trim.
- Induced Transmission Filter for long term safety, durability and performance.
* Eyepiece shown not included
As Solar Maximum approaches, the addition of a secondary front mounted interference filter and the upgrade of the rear trimming filter, the visual package quickly becomes a superb visually enhanced instrument with the ability to also image the Sun utilizing basic camera equipment.
Adding the front filter provides a view of the Sun in virtual 3D. An active ball of churning boiling gasses that spew from the surface in what can be violent eruptions. Cause and effect can be viewed and imaged in real time.
As experienced solar observers know, it takes less than 1.0 angstrom to be able to see any detail and considerably less to see striking contrast - especially on the ever changing prominences. The reduction in bandpass from an estimated 0.8 Angstroms to 0.5 Angstroms seems to bring the Sun's surface to life, but getting those spectacular results by double stacking are more difficult than they sound. Both etalons need to be brought on line (tuned) and both need to be tiltable so that all ghosts are eliminated. Ideally the transmission curves should overlap perfectly when on band to provide for the best possible resolution and contrast. These hurdles can be overcome by matching the etalons at the factory and that is where Lunt excels!
LS60T50DS/B600/C Specifications: (double stacked)
- Type: Dual Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Tilt
- Aperture: 60mm (Scope) 50mm (Filter)
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: 8.3
- Bandpass: <0.5 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B1200 Blocking Filter (included)
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 6.6lbs (Scope) 2.5lbs (Filter)
- Skill level: Intermediate thru advanced
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|