The perfect beginner thru intermediate level Solar Visual Package, the LS60T/PT Visual Package is a fully integrated, 100% safe, dedicated Solar Telescope with True Doppler Pressure Tuner and the sweet Starlight Instruments FeatherTouch dual speed Focuser!
Lunt Solars' LS60/Ha (Hydrogen-alpha) series are complete Solar Telescopes. The refractor based systems have a precision aligned singlet chromatical lens with a 60mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduces by half the stray light of an achromat , fully eliminating the possibility for on-axis coma, astigmatism, or de-centering aberrations and provides, with the matched collimation lens set, a full spherically corrected flat-field Solar Telescope. The focal length of 500mm provides a ~4.5 mm image thru a required blocking filter. Fine adjustment is achieved with a precision Starlight Instruments Feathertouch focuser with 10:1 reduction. An internal etalon with Doppler pressure tuning adjustment allows for a <0.75 Angstrom bandpass.
As the Sun enters Solar Maximum over the next few years, the excitement of viewing our Star thru a dedicated Solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights.
This visual package is fully upgradeable at anytime without ever needing to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
This package provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to Daytime Solar Observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning, a True Doppler Pressure Tuner, allowing basic research of the Sun’s disk and surface details.
Note: Included in this package is a B600 (6mm) Blocking Filter for standard visual use.
Required Blocking Filter:
- B600 for safe visual observing (included)
- B1200 for larger field of view and imaging applications (optional upgrade)
BLOCKING FILTERS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL LUNT SOLAR SYSTEMS
Lunt Solar Systems currently offers 4 blocking filter apertures for use with their Etalon systems. The Blocking Filter houses additional filters which are required for the safety and performance of the solar package. Lunt Solar blocking filters contain a unique filter system. Lunt will only warranty safety or performance when a Lunt blocking filter is paired with a Lunt H-alpha filter or telescope.
- Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28nm) Dedicated System.
- A refractor based system with a 60mm front objective.
- An internal Etalon with a NEW Pressure Tuner allows for <0.7 Angstrom bandpass, providing a perfect blend of edge and surface detail.
- Focusing is accomplished via a precise Starlight Instruments 2 speed 10:1 focuser.
- The system also includes a "clamshell" with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in an aluminum reinforced case.
- An eyepiece is not included, and although any eyepiece will work, we recommend the Lunt Zoom.
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Doppler True Pressure
- Aperture: 60mm
- Focal Length: 500mm
- Focal Ratio: F/8.3
- Bandpass: <0.7 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: Starlight Instruments w/ 10:1 fine adjustment
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B600 Blocking Filter
- Skill Level: Beginner thru Intermediate
|Name||Lunt - 60mm Ha Telescope w/ B600 with Pressure Tuner & 2 " Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|
|Bandpass Blocking Filter||Lunt b600 (6mm)|
|Collimation Cap||Optimized collimation lens system|
|Etalon||Single 60mm Internal w/ pressure tuning|
|Focal Ratio||f / 8.3|
|Objective||60mm singlet chromatical|
|Optical Coatings||Hi contrast multi|
|Pressure Tuning||True doppler|
|Star Diagonal||Lunt w/ blocking filter|
|Weight in Use||9 lbs|