LUNT SOLAR SYSTEMS - 60mm SOLAR TELESCOPE - Pressure Tuner - B1200 - 2" Crayford Focuser
The perfect beginner thru intermediate level Solar Visual and Imaging Package!
Lunt Solar's LS60/Ha (Hydrogen-alpha) series are complete Solar Telescopes. The refractor based systems have a precision aligned singlet chromatical lens with a 60mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduce half again the stray light of an achromat , fully eliminating the possibility for on-axis coma, astigmatism, or de-centering aberrations and provides, with the matched collimation lens set, a full spherically corrected flat-field Solar Telescope. The focal length of 500mm provides a ~4.5 mm image thru a required blocking filter. Fine adjustment is achieved with either a Crayford style focuser or optional Starlight Feathertouch focuser with 10:1 reduction. An internal etalon with Doppler pressure tuning adjustment allows for a <0.75 Angstrom bandpass.
As the Sun enters Solar Maximum over the next few years, the excitement of viewing our Star thru a dedicated Solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights.
This visual and imaging package is fully upgradeable at anytime without ever needing to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
This package provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to Daytime Solar Observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning, a True Doppler Pressure Tuner, allowing basic research of the Sun’s disk and surface details.
Note: Included in this package is a B1200 (12mm) Blocking Filter for larger field of view and imaging applications.
- Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28nm) Dedicated System.
- A refractor based system with a 60mm front objective.
- An internal Etalon with a NEW Pressure Tuner allows for <0.7 Angstrom bandpass, providing a perfect blend of edge and surface detail.
- Focusing is accomplished via the super-smooth precision Crayford focuser.
- The system also includes a "clamshell" with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in an aluminum reinforced case.
- An eyepiece is not included, and although any eyepiece will work, we recommend the Lunt Zoom.
The LS60T/PT Visual/Imaging Package is a fully integrated, 100% safe, dedicated Solar Telescope.
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Doppler True Pressure
- Aperture: 60mm
- Focal Length: 500mm
- Focal Ratio: F/8.3
- Bandpass: <0.7 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: Crayford w/ 10:1 fine adjustment
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B1200 Blocking Filter
- Skill Level: Beginner thru Intermediate
Required Blocking Filter:
- B1200 for larger field of view and imaging applications (included upgrade)
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|