This is a discontinued item. We recommend the Lunt 6mm Blocking Filter 2" with T2 connection as a replacement.
Lunt Solar Systems - 60mm Calcium-K Solar Telescope - 6mm Blocking Filter - 2" Dual-Speed Focuser
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS60TCak is a 60mm Calcium-K Solar telescope with a bandpass of <2.4 Angstroms RMS.
- The B600 Blocking Filter is recommended for those who plan visual or imaging use.
- The 500mm focal length of the Lunt Solar Systems LS60TCak yields a ~4.5mm image through a 6mm blocking filter.
Calcium K (Ca-K) Telescopes and Filters are used to study the wavelength of 393.4nm. This emission line is one of 2 that are produced by Calcium just at the edge of the visible spectrum in a layer that is slightly lower and cooler than the layer viewed in Hydrogen-alpha. The emission line displays areas of Super Granulation Cells that are brightest and strongest in areas of high magnetic fields such as sunspot activity and active regions. Having the ability to study the Calcium K and the Hydrogen-alpha line provides important insights into the structure, strength, and depth of these active regions.
The Calcium K line is centered at 393.4nm. This wavelength is considered to be slightly outside the visible spectrum on the UV side. While most people can visually see the violet color of the wavelength, many cannot resolve the contrast due to yellowing of the cornea. People who have had cataract surgery are often able to see considerable detail. For these reasons that the Ca-K line is typically studied via the use of cameras, however with the B600 blocking filter visual viewing is able to achieve stunning detail.
The LS60/Ca-K is a complete Solar Telescope for the Calcium-K line. The refractor based system has a precision aligned Ca-K optimized doublet achromat with a 60mm aperture. The focal length is 500mm providing a ~4.5mm image thru the B600 blocking filter. Fine focus adjustment is achieved with an upgraded Feather Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction.
Internal narrowband filters allow for a <2.4 Angstrom bandpass.
LS60TCaK Specifications: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 60mm
- Etalon: Internal <2.4 Angstrom
- Tuning: Tilt
- Blocking Filter: B600 (6mm) REQUIRED
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: f/8.3
- Focuser: Dual-Speed Focuser
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 5 lbs
|Name||Lunt - 60mm Calcium Solar-Telescope with B600 Blocking Filter and 2" Dual-Speed Focuser - DISCONTINUED|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|