This is a discontinued item. We recommend the Lunt Calcium Module with B1200 blocking filter as a replacement.
Lunt Solar Systems - 60mm Calcium-K Solar Telescope - 12mm Blocking Filter - 2" Crayford Focuser
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS60TCak is a 60mm Calcium-K Solar telescope with a bandpass of <2.4 Angstroms RMS.
- The B1200 Blocking Filter is recommended for those who plan visual or imaging use.
- The 500mm focal length of the Lunt Solar Systems LS60TCak yields a ~4.5mm image through a 12mm blocking filter.
- A slide tube allows for coarse focus adjustment, and a Dual Speed 2" Crayford Focuser with a 10:1 reduction provides superb fine adjustment.
Calcium K (Ca-K) Telescopes and Filters are used to study the wavelength of 393.4nm. This emission line is one of 2 that are produced by Calcium just at the edge of the visible spectrum in a layer that is slightly lower and cooler than the layer viewed in Hydrogen-alpha. The emission line displays areas of Super Granulation Cells that are brightest and strongest in areas of high magnetic fields such as sunspot activity and active regions. Having the ability to study the Calcium K and the Hydrogen-alpha line provides important insights into the structure, strength, and depth of these active regions.
The Calcium K line is centered at 393.4nm. This wavelength is considered to be slightly outside the visible spectrum on the UV side. While most people can visually see the violet color of the wavelength, many cannot resolve the contrast due to yellowing of the cornea. People who have had cataract surgery are often able to see considerable detail. For these reasons that the Ca-K line is typically studied via the use of cameras, however with the B1200 blocking filter visual viewing is able to achieve stunning detail.
The LS60/Ca-K is a complete Solar Telescope for the Calcium-K line. The refractor based system has a precision aligned Ca-K optimized doublet achromat with a 60mm aperture. The focal length is 500mm providing a ~4.5mm image thru the B1200 blocking filter. Fine focus adjustment is achieved with a dual speed Crayford focuser with 10:1 reduction.
Internal narrowband filters allow for a <2.4 Angstrom bandpass.
LS60TCaK Specifications: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 60mm
- Etalon: Internal <2.4 Angstrom
- Tuning: Tilt
- Blocking Filter: B1200 (12mm) REQUIRED
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: f/8.3
- Focuser: Dual Speed Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 5 lbs
|Name||Lunt - 60mm Calcium Solar-Telescope with B1200 blocking filter and 2 " Crayford Focuser|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|