The LS100T/Ha is a complete Solar Telescope LESS a Blocking Filter and Diagonal. Please see statement below concerning the mandatory use of a Blocking Filter. The refractor based system has a precision aligned singlet chromatic lens with a 100 mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduces the stray-light over an achromat by half. With the matched collimation lens set, it also fully corrects on-axis coma, astigmatism and de-centering aberrations and provides a full spherically corrected flat-field Solar-Telescope. The focal length is 714 mm providing a ~7.3 mm image thru a 12mm blocking filter (optional)*. Coarse focus adjustment is via a slide tube. Fine focusing is achieved with a high precision 2″ Starlight Instruments FeatherTouch dual speed focuser with 10:1 reduction as standard equipment. NOTE: A Blocking Filter is not included in this OTA package (see below).
An Internal Etalon with Pressure Tune Adjustment allows for a <0.7 Angstrom bandpass. The Etalon filter will NOT be tilted to only simulate a balance to the air pressure, but the air pressure in the filter system is in fact adapted by 100 percent to the real external air pressure. Thereafter the air surrounding the Etalon can simply be compressed or decompressed by the tuning system in order to change the air pressure between the surfaces. This allows the Etalon surfaces to always remain at the same perfect angle to the light waves.
Lunt Solar Systems' Doppler Pressure Tuning method allows you to rapidly scan the scope’s sub-angstrom passband over the hydrogen alpha wavelength. Simply put, the advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning for fine adjustment of the center wavelength allows research of the Sun’s disk and surface details at increased image scale. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions can now be precisely observed. The LS100THa can be internally double stacked (see LS100Ha/PT/DSII) at time of purchase or anytime thereafter. Doublestacking provides a truly enhanced high definition view of the Suns' surface details. The Scope does not need to be returned to the factory for doublestacking as long as you have the red anodized front cell on your telescope. If you have an older model (just a white tube with no red) you will need to upgrade the scope before using the internal double stack DSII-LS100T.
* BLOCKING FILTERS are REQUIRED on all Lunt Solar Telescope Systems *
Lunt Solar Systems currently offers 4 blocking filter apertures for use with our Etalon systems. The Blocking Filter houses additional filters which are required for the safety and performance of the solar package. Lunt Solar blocking filters contain a unique filter system. Lunt will only warranty safety or performance when a Lunt blocking filter is paired with a Lunt H-alpha filter or telescope.
Required Blocking Filter:
- B1200 for standard visual use (focal length up to 1200mm), or imaging use (focal length up to 600mm ).
- B1800 for larger field of view and imaging applications
- B3400 even larger field of view and imaging applications (available only in extension tube or "straight-thru" design)
When imaging with a Lunt Solar System it is recommended that the user opt for the next larger Blocking Filter than that recommended for Visual use. This is due to the fact that most Imaging Systems require additional “backfocus”. This requires that the Blocking Filter be moved further up the light cone. As a result the aperture of the Blocking filter needs to be larger to allow for the larger cone size.
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS100THa Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope comes with a precision aligned 100mm singlet chromatical lens.
- Internal etalon system with tune adjustment that allows a maximum of <0.75 Angstrom bandpass. Internal module has an optimized collimating system to reduce off-axis aberration.
- This Lunt 100mm Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope has a focal length of 714mm.
- This model includes a 2" dual speed 10:1 Starlight Instruments FeatherTouch focuser, a clam shell mounting ring, and a foam-lined case.
LS100T Features: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 100mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 714mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Focuser: 2″ FeatherTouch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube diameter: 121mm
- Tube length (with blocking filter): 634mm
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 13 lbs
- Optical tube with 2″ feather touch focuser with 2.5″ travel,
- Mounting: Lunt 12″ Dovetail
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam
|Name||Lunt - 100mm H-Alpha Telescope|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|
|Bandpass Blocking Filter||Not Included|
|Collimation Cap||Internal collimation system|
|Etalon||internal w/ pressure tuning|
|Focal Ratio||f / 7|
|Objective||Precision aligned singlet|
|Optical Coatings||Multi coatings|
|Pressure Tuning||True Doppler Tuning|
|Solar Filter||internal Etalon|
|Weight in Use||12 lbs|