Lunt Solar Systems - 100mm H-Alpha Solar Telescope
- The Lunt Solar Systems LS100THa Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope comes with a precision aligned 100mm singlet chromatical lens.
- Internal etalon system with tune adjustment that allows a maximum of <0.75 Angstrom bandpass. Internal module will have an optimized collimating system to reduce off axis aberration.
- This Lunt 100mm Hydrogen-Alpha Telescope has a focal length of 800mm.
- This model includes a 2" dual speed 10:1 Feathertouch focuser, a clam shell mounting ring, and a foam-lined case.
The LS100T/Ha is a complete Solar Telescope. The refractor based system has a precision aligned singlet chromatic lens with a 100 mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduces the stray-light over an achromat by half. With the matched collimation lens set, it also fully corrects on axis coma, astigmatism and de-centering aberrations and provides a full spherically corrected flat-field Solar-Telescope. The focal length is 800 mm providing a ~7.3 mm image thru a 12 mm blocking filter (optional). Coarse focus adjustment is via a slide tube. Focusing is achieved with a High Precision 2″ Starlight Feather Touch Friction focuser with the a 10:1 reduction as standard equipment.
An internal etalon with Pressure Tune Adjustment allows for a <0.7 Angstrom bandpass. The Etalon filter will NOT be tilted to only simulate a balance to the air pressure, but the air pressure in the filter system is in fact adapted by 100 percent to the real external air pressure. Thereafter the air surrounding the Etalon can simply be compressed or decompressed by the tuning system in order to change the air pressure between the surfaces. This allows the Etalon surfaces to always remain at the same perfect angle to the light waves.
Lunt Solar Systems' Doppler Pressure Tuning method allows you to rapidly scan the scope’s sub-angstrom passband over the hydrogen alpha wavelength. Simply put, the advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning for fine adjustment of the center wavelength allows research of the Sun’s disk and surface details at increased image scale. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions will be precisely observed.
LS100T Features: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 100mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 800mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Focuser: 2″ Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube diameter: 121mm
- Tube length (with blocking filter): 634mm
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 13 lbs
Required Blocking Filter:
- B1200 for standard visual use (included)
- B1800 for larger field of view and imaging applications (upgrade)
- Optical tube with 2″ feather touch focuser with 2.5″ travel,
- Mounting: Lunt 12″ Dovetail
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|