Levenhuk 1.25" Optical Filter #12 (Yellow) has a barrel diameter of 1.25" and transmits up to 74% of visible light. With this filter, you can study celestial objects—such as the Solar System planets or the Moon—in the minutest detail.
- The Moon: When used with telescopes of over 150-mm (5.9-in) aperture, this filter increases the contrast of lunar features. Best used with a polarizing or a neutral filter.
- Venus: Used for discerning the low-contrast stripes in the cloud cover.
- Mars: Increases the contrast of low clouds, snowcaps and dust storms.
- Jupiter: Absorbs the blue light in the atmospheric flows and enhances the red and orange light of the zonal bands. Useful for observations of polar regions.
- Saturn: Absorbs the blue light in the atmospheric flows and enhances the red and orange light of the zonal bands. Enhances the Cassini division in Saturn's rings.
- Uranus and Neptune: Increases the detail during observations through telescopes of over 250 mm (9.8 in).
- Comets. Enhances visibility of yellow dust tails and the contrast on details in the comet's nucleus.
|Name||Levenhuk - 1.25" Optical Filter #12 (Yellow)|
|Aperture||medium and large (at least 150 mm)|