Kendrick Electronic Hand Control Heater
The Kendrick Premier Heater Line
Kendrick Astro has heater systems for virtually any optic or electronic device used in amatuer astronomy and outdoor photography. They are designed to keep them functioning and moisture free in humid and/or cold weather.
The Premier Heater line is their flagship brand and highest quality heater. They are built of the highest possible quality materials and the heaters are custom built to Kendrick's electrical specifications. These are not off-the-shelf heaters! We use the best quality velcro, elastic and flex
heaters available for this line. The cables are cold flexible down to temperatures of -40 and the cable
housing is custom make for Kendrick's specifications. Competitors cannot make this claim.
These heaters have been built to use only as much power as necessary and thereby not waste energy. They have sponge insulation and infa-red reflecting material on one side to help direct the warmth generated by the heaters into the optics. Because of this, less energy is needed to keep your optics moisture free.
Kendrick Premier Heaters wrap around your optics, label side out and are held in place by elastic/Velcro attachments. Telrad and Rigel Finder heaters are held in place with an elastic band. The heaters for secondary mirrors, depending on which model you purchase, are either placed on the backside of the secondary and can be held in place by using the polyester batting found inside the secondary mirror holder (heaters #2016, 2017, 2018, DG-1, DG-2, DG-3) or will wrap around the secondary mirror stalk (heaters #2028 & 2028-S). The .965", 1.25" and 2" heaters are considered eyepiece heaters. The 1.25" and 2" are also heaters for certain camera lenses and binocular objectives. Larger camera and binocular lenses will, of course, require larger heaters. Newtonian Primary Mirror Heaters sit behind the primary mirror in contact with the back side of the mirror. Your mirror holder must be allow for removal of yor primary mirror to accomodate a primary mirror heater.
Below, Kendrick provides a breakdown of the wattage and amperage of most of the Premier Heaters they make. This will aid in choosing the correct controller for your system as your controller must be able to handle the amperage requirements of your heaters, no matter what controller setting you use. For example, if you set your controller to operate at 30%, the heaters will draw their full amperage 30% of the time. The other 70% of the time they will be off.
|Item No.||Heater||Wattage||Amperage||Heater Dimensions
|2003||Telrad Heater||6||0.4||50 x 90 mm||2" x 3.5"|
|2003-RDF||Red Dot Finder Heater||2.5||0.2||Press fit||Press fit|
|2004||.965" Eyepiece Heater||2.5||0.2||16 x 75 mm||1/2" x 3"|
|2005||1.25" Eyepiece Heater||3||0.2||16 x 125 mm||1/2" x 5"|
|2006||2" Eyepiece Heater||4||0.3||16 x 175 mm||1/2" x 7"|
|2006-L||DEW-Minator Large Eyepiece Heater||10||0.8||75 x 205 mm||3" x 8"|
|2007||3" Optic Heater||10||0.8||25 x 280 mm||1" x 11"|
|2008||4" Optic Heater||11||0.9||25 x 370 mm||1" x 14.5"|
|2009||5" Optic Heater||15||1.2||25 x 460 mm||1" x 18"|
|2010||6" Optic Heater||17.5||1.4||25 x 560 mm||1" x 22"|
|2011||7/8" Optic Heater||20||1.6||25 x 660 mm||1" x 26"|
|2012||9/10" Optic Heater||25||2||25 x 890 mm||1" x 35"|
|2013||11" Optic Heater||28||2.3||25 x 965 mm||1" x 38"|
|2014||12" Optic Heater||33||2.6||25 x 1115 mm||1" x 44"|
|2015||14/16" Optic Heater||52||4.1||25 x 1270 mm||1" x 50"|
|2005-B1||Bino-viewer Heaters for eyepieces up to 1.5 inch barrel diameter.||5||0.4||16 x 125 mm||1/2" x 5"|
|2005-B2||Bino-viewer Heaters for eyepieces over 1.5 inch barrel diameter.||8||.6||16 x 175 mm||1/2" x 7"|
|2016||Secondary Mirror heater for Newtonian secondary mirror 1.83" to 2.14"||2.5||0.2||44 x 66 mm ellipse||1.75" x 2.6" ellipse|
|2017||Secondary Mirror heater for Newtonian secondary mirror 2.5" to 3.40"||4||0.3||50 x 90 mm||2.5" x 3.625"ellipse|
|2018||Secondary Mirror heater for Newtonian secondary mirror 4.00" and up||9||0.7||50 x 90 mm||3.75"x5.50"ellipse|
|2019||Electronic Hand Control Pad Heater||10||.8||57mm x 165mm||2.25" x 6.5"|
|2020||Eyepiece Box Heater||10||0.8||57mm x 165mm||2.25" x 6.5"|
|2022||Rigel Quik Finder Heater||2.5||0.2||16 x 75 mm||.5" x 3"|
|2023||8" Primary Mirror heater for Newtonian Telescope||20||1.6||190 mm Diameter circle||7.5" Diameter circle|
|2024||10" Primary Mirror heater for Newtonian Telescope||25||2||229 mm Diameter circle||9" Diameter circle|
|2025||11" to 14" Primary Mirror heater for Newtonian Telescope||35||2.8||280 mm Diameter circle||11" Diamter circle|
|2026||15" to 18" Primary Mirror heater for Newtonian Telescope||60||4.8||380 mm Diameter circle||15" Diamter circle|
|*||Dimensions represent heating surface area. If the heater is in a fabric sleeve, the heater will be wider and longer.|
|Name||Kendrick - Control Pad Heater|
|Heater Dimensions (inches)||2.25" x 6.5"|
|Heater Dimensions (mm)||57 x 165 mm|