JMI MOTOFOCUS for Celestron Refractors with Rack-and-Pinion, Meade Starfinder, Orion Rack-and-Pinion Focusers, Sky Instruments Antares 120, Synta Sky-Watcher Rack-and-Pinion Focusers
MOTOFOCUS is a battery operated hand control with an electric focus motor that attaches to the shaft of a focuser knob (or the knob itself) for precise, vibration-free focusing without the need to touch the telescope. It is great for visual and photographic use and features variable speed for coarse and fine adjustments. Precise positioning is accomplished through electronic braking. Mounting is easy and requires no drilling or tapping. Add the optional Digital Read Out (DRO), or Digital Focus Counter (DFC), for improved focusing accuracy and repeatability.
- Celestron - C4-R, C4.5, C6-N, C6-R, C6-RGT, C8-N, C8-NGT, C10-N, C10-NGT, C60, C70, C100, C102, CR-150, Firstscope 80 (not 114), G8-N, NexStar 80 (not 114), Super Polaris 80 / 102
- Meade - Starfinder German equatorial 6 / 8 / 10 (metal focuser), Starfinder Dobsonian 6 / 8 / 10 / 12.5 / 16, Meade #71 / #77 focusers.
- Orion - Astroview 120 (formerly Skywatcher 120), ShortTube 80 / 90, SkyQuest XT4.5 / XT6 / XT8 / XT10 (with rack-and-pinion focuser), SkyView Deluxe 4.5 EQ / 6 EQ / 8 EQ, SkyView Pro 6 EQ / 6LT EQ / 8 EQ / 100 EQ / 120 EQ, VX80, VX102 GP
- Sky Instruments - Antares 120
- Synta - Sky-Watcher Rack-and-Pinion Focuser
- Vixen - Orion (Refractors with Vixen rack-and-pinion focuser); Sellarvue (Refractors with Vixen rack-and-pinion focuser); Vixen 2.7" Focuser (e.g. ED103S and NA140SS)
Please verify the style of your telescope housing as shown below. This will help you determine which style (C or V) and therefore which part number (MFCREF or MFVREF) to purchase.
This picture shows the newer Vixen Refractor housing style where the Telescope Mounting Block (left) is protruding higher than the Focuser Tension Plate (right). This style uses the MFVREF (V Style) part number. (The focuser tension plate is where MOTOFOCUS is mounted.) With the C-style housing, the focuser tension plate is higher than any other part of the housing in the immediate vicinity.
This picture shows the two styles of MOTOFOCUS mounting brackets, the older C style (left) and newer V style with shaft expander (right).
|Name||JMI - MOTOFOCUS for Celestron Refractors; Meade Starfinder; Orion; Sky Instruments Antares 120; Synta Sky-Watcher Rack-and-Pinion Focusers|
|Manufacturer||Jims Mobile, Inc. (JMI)|