JMI - Event Horizon Motorized Dual-Speed Newtonian Focuser
- The JMI Event Horizon EV-1nM is a motorized, dual-speed 2" black-anodized aluminum focuser with rubber grip knobs that lifts up to 8 pounds, twice the weight of the EV-3n.
- Newtonian version mounts onto a range of surfaces, from a tube that is 7.25" diameter or larger, to a flat surface.
- The JMI Event Horizon EV-1nM provides zero image shift, zero backlash, with tolerances that are 100X better than rack-and-pinion focusers!
The Event Horizon Focuser (EV) is a low-profile, friction-drive focuser designed for both the amateur and professional market. The highly acclaimed Crayford design permits tolerances up to 100 times better than conventional rack-and-pinion focusers. Zero image shift and zero backlash makes it fantastic for visual and photographic work and a must for CCD imaging. The modular design makes changes and upgrades extremely easy to accomplish. Add the optional Smart Focus, Digital Read Out (DRO) or Digital Focus Counter (DFC), for the ultimate focusing system. The EV is truly a masterpiece of engineering and workmanship that you will be proud to own for years to come.
The Crayford design uses high pressure on a metal drive shaft pressing against a metal drawtube which is held by bearings on the opposing side. This direct surface-to-surface drive mechanism eliminates backlash and shifting of the drawtube as seen in other designs such as the rack-and-pinion focuser and allows for very fine adjustments.
JMI recognized the benefits of this design and was the first company to bring it to the amateur market in a commercial product.
The Event Horizon EV-1 is a 2" black-anodized aluminum focuser with rubber grip knobs and two-speed operation. The focuser lifts up to 8 pounds. Manual controls are over 15 times and 1½ times finer than most rack-and-pinion focusers.
The motorized Newtonian version mounts on a range of surfaces from a 7.25" diameter, or larger, tube to a flat surface. The focuser gives 1/2" of travel and is designed for fine focus after rough adjustment with the normal telescope focusing knob.
- Sealed Stainless Steel Ball Drawtube and Drive Shaft Bearings
- Integral Motor
- Carries Up To An Eight Pound Payload
- 1.25" Eyepiece Adapter Included
- Interchangeable Base
- Modular, Black Anodized Aluminum Body Style
- Knurled Aluminum Knobs
- Surface-To-Surface Drive To Elminate Backlash
- Modular Design For Easy Changes And Upgrades
|Manufacturer||Jims Mobile, Inc. (JMI)|