As opposed to monochrome imaging, using color CCD cameras are more straightforward since you don't use any filter wheels. While monochrome allows the luxury of using filters to enhance certain wavelengths and nanometers, color sensors provide more natural color exposures.
We at Starlight Xpress believe that our cameras should be as user friendly as possible.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: SXVR-H9C(48 States)
FREE SHIPPINGModel#: SXVR-H694C(48 States)
- Medium format, high resolution 'Exview' CCD chip, with 6,050,000 x 4.54uM square pixels in a 15.98mm diagonal array.
- Single-shot colour, using a Bayer matrix of R, G and B on-chip filters. No filter wheel required.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Very high sensitivity - 77% QE at peak of response in yellow light, 65% at Hydrogen alpha line (656 nM)
- High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 5 second downloads.
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with our optional dedicated external guide cameras.
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1 amp at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.