The HOTECH Advanced CT Laser Collimator samples the entire optical system (primary, secondary mirror, and eyepiece axial position) with a simulated large aperture flat-wavefront light source generated by three parallel lasers positioned behind the supplied Target Plate. By using three perfectly aligned laser beams it approximates the parallel rays coming from a distant star. The beams then pass through the telescope twice to exagerate any error in the entire system. Because of this redundancy even tiny collimation errors become obvious and can then be corrected.
The only user accessible collimation alignment point on a Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is via the (3) secondary mirror alignment screws located behind the secondary mirror at the front of the Telescope Therefore, you only need to adjust the three alignment screws to adjust the secondary mirror to move the three laser spots onto the same circle on the target plate. This limited adjustment makes the collimation simple to perform. The target plate provides a clear view of the optics’ alignment condition when the three lasers are reflected back on the target. The Target Plate should be held in place at the appropriate height by the included adjustable tripod head. Finally, the appropriate Reflector Mirror (1¼" or 2" - your choice depending on the size of your diagonal) and the inserting it in the visual back (imaging) or into the diagonal (visual) of the Scope. That's it. Start Collimating!
If a user has any questions about the setup process, the ACT Laser Collimator comes with a well illustrated and writtenes in le Owner's Guide, 7 pages in length which will definitely clear up any confusion during initial setup. ALSO, watch the 2 videos below which will take you step by step thru the Collimation Process with the Advanced CT Laser Collimator.
- Collimation without using a star
- Indoor or outdoor - day or night
- Focus stays at final view setting
- Set-up within focal length distance from your telescope
- One person operation
- Portable and simple to setup and use
- Works on CT, SCT, SN Mak, & RC
HOTECH Advanced CT Laser Collimator Pkg INCLUDING HOTECH Astro Aimer G3 Factory Tuned High Output Green Laser / LED Astro Flashlight
- Visually effective Class IIIa (<5mW) high output green laser at 532nm wavelength. Green laser is 20 times brighter than red laser at the same output power as perceived by human eyes.
- Variable Brightness Mode Red LED: 3 brightness modes. Low and intermediate modes are for map reading. High brightness mode (4,000 mcd) is for night illumination without disrupting other stargazers' dark-adapted vision.
- 3 High Efficient White LEDs: Three white LEDs provide true color and bright illumination (approx. 21,000 mcd total).
- Extremely well crafted, the Astro Aimer is precision CNC machined from aero-space grade aluminum, then sandblasted and anodized for a rugged and long lasting surface finish.
|Name||Hotech - Advanced CT Laser Collimator for 1.25 " focuser with Astro Aimer G3|
|Alignment Procedures||Advanced CT Laser Collimation|
|Attachment||Target Plate to tripod (recommended), Reflector Mirror to Visual Back or Diagonal|
|Batteries||1 - CR123 3V lithium, 3 - AAA (pointer)|
|Carrying Case||Premium Fitted Foam|
|Construction||CNC Machined, Hardened, Anodized Aluminum|
|Laser||3 - Class II|
|Laser output power||1mW|