Since the KAF-8300 CCD sensor usually cannot accommodate 1.25" filters due to its size especially at shorter focal lengths for imaging deep sky. This is where the SBIG 5-position filter wheel for 36mm filters comes in handy! It comes either with Astrodon, Baader, or Custom Scientific filters.
In addition, for those who may already have 2" filters we have designed an adapter plate to mate the ST-8300 camera to our FW8-STL 8-position 2" filter wheel. The FW8-STL holds both 2" filters in threaded cells and 50.8mm round unmounted filters.
- Holds five 36mm drop in filters for un-vignetted imaging at any f/ratio with the ST-8300 or STF-8300 cameras.
- Small footprint: 5 x 7 inches.
- Thin design - adds only 20mm backfocus (Total backfocus for ST-8300 with CFW5-8300 is 38mm).
- Allows the use of an optional Nikon lens adapter with the filter wheel.
- Uses the camera's I2C port for power and commands. No additional cable to computer or power supply is required.
- Weighs only 22 ounces (632g) without filters.
|Name||SBIG - Filter Wheel for 8300 for 36mm filters with Baader 36mm LRGB Filters|
|Manufacturer||Santa Barbara Instrument Group (SBIG)|