The 3000 Series STARLIGHT INSTRUMENTS Feather Touch 3.5" focuser, similar in design to its smaller cousins, the FTF3545 incorporates the same advanced features that are ideal for applications which demand precision imaging while also managing a heavier weight capacity than our 2 inch models. A factory-installed Integrated Teflon Collar provides a bind-free 360 degrees of smooth focuser rotation. This Integrated Collar allows attachment of Tube Adapters, Bases, and other accessories via a 109mm x 1mm male thread.
The thumbscrew on the focuser makes rotating easy relative to the optical tube assembly. Additionally, the thumbscrews on the collar make detaching the focuser a quick and easy task.
The 3000 series focusers come with Starlight Instruments' Fine Focus Reduction Unit which allows very accurate focusing. It is typically a 9:1 planetary reduction assembly that makes focusing extremely precise and easy. Starlight is the original developer of this type of system for telescope use and have been making and improving these for longer than any other manufacturer. These units have undergone continuous improvement and are, quite simply, the best in the industry.
About the Feather Touch Internal Brake System...
Because the focuser is so smooth in operation and moves so freely, it can only hold a limited amount of weight without drifting out of focus when the focuser drawtube is not horizontal and has a vertical component. The focuser therefore contains an adjustable tension internal brake system to allow astrophotography and visual use with heavy eyepieces without the possibility of the focus shift.
The brake consists of a lever arrangement internal to the pinion block. Adjusting the thumbscrew on the pinion block causes the lever to press a friction pad onto the pinion. This increases the torque needed to turn the focus knobs. If the thumbscrew is turned all the way in (only 1 to 1½ turns), the pinion shaft and the drawtube are locked in position for long exposure astrophotography.
Visually, partial tightening of the internal brake offers a virtually infinite range of braking force to accommodate various eyepiece weights. Moderate finger-pressure tightening of the drawtube tension screw allows the lifting capacity to be adjusted up to a nominal maximum of five pounds, although greater payloads are possible by further tightening the tension screw.
- Feather Touch 3.5" Dia Dual Speed Focuser with 4.5" DTT, Brake, and Integral Teflon Coupled 109mm Threaded Collar
- Comes with our buttery-smooth helical rack and pinion drive.
- Not recommended for SCT (reflector) type telescopes.
- As with our other focusers, the 3000 series uses internally machined light baffles for superior light-reducing.
- The FTF33545 in two basic configurations for the ultimate in customization, with and without an End Cap:
- The FTF3545B, comes standard with internal brake but with no End Cap. In this configuration, the draw tube's 75mm x 1mmm thread allows Adapter and/or Optical Accessory configuration.
- Alternately, the FTF3000B-A "Kit", also with internal brake, comes with a 2 inch compression ring End Cap.
- Rack and pinion design using a precision fine pitch ½ inch wide Brass rack and matched hardened Stainless Steel pinion.
|Name||Starlight Instruments - Feather Touch 3.5" Diameter Dual Speed Focuser Body, 4.5 " DTT, with Brake|