The 2500 series (2.5") focusers come with the STARLIGHT INSTRUMENTS (SI) Fine Focus Reduction Unit which allows very accurate focusing. It is typically a 9:1 planetary reduction assembly that makes focusing extremely precise and easy. SI was the original developer of this type of system for telescope use and has been making and improving these for longer than any other manufacturer. These units have undergone continuous improvement and most would agree they are, quite simply, the best in the industry. The 2.5" Feather Touch focuser is identical in design to its larger cousin, the 3.0". Both are closely related to the 3.5", and incorporate the same advanced features that are ideal for applications which demand precision imaging while also managing a heavier weight capacity than SI 2.0" models.
Quick Summary of Features:
- A factory-installed integrated Teflon-coupled collar provides a bind-free 360 degrees of smooth focuser rotation.
- Thumbscrews on the collar make detaching the focuser quick and easy.
- 95mm x 1mm male thread on the integrated collar allows attachment of tube adapters, bases, and other accessories.
- As with other SI focusers, the 2500 series uses internally machined light baffles for superior light-reducing.
- Also standard is an internal brake.
- The draw tube's female 63mm x 1mmm thread allows total End Cap, Adapter and/or Optical Accessory configuration.
- The thumbscrew on the focuser makes rotating easy relative to the optical tube assembly.
- The smooth and precise feel of the SI Fine Focus Reduction Unit is the key, and it allows users to focus precisely with unparalleled accuracy, speed, and reliability.
|Name||Starlight Instruments - Feather Touch 2.5" Diameter Kit - Dual Speed Focuser 1.5" DTT, Brake, Integral 95 x 1mm Teflon Coupled Collar, and 2" CRing End Cap|