Farpoint 102ED Triplet Apochromatic Refracting Telescope f/6.47 ** - 660mm Focal length.
rotatable focus end w/ a 10:1 micro-focuser.
Each telescopes package comes with the following items: (*)
- 1 Hard shell padded carrying case, metal front lens cap,
- 1 Adjustable 7x50 finder w/cross hairs,bracket and end caps,
- 1 felt lined ring set,
- 1 "V" style dovetail plate,
- 1- 2" Dielectric diagonal w/1.25" insert with brass compression ring,
- 1- 2" Desiccant cap with additional refills.
- ( 1 year limited warranty )
Observers in the first decade of the 21st century have seen an explosion in the popularity of short-focal-length apochromatic refractors (APOs), and with good reason. These super-portable scopes deliver sharp images of the Moon, planets, double stars, and bright deep-sky objects. Such instruments are great for grab-and-go stargazing. While portable short-focus APOs first caught on some 3 decades ago, most were beyond the budget of the average hobbyist.
Two of the newest entries in this burgeoning market come from Farpoint Astronomical Research. Best known for their astroimaging accessories, collimation tools, and dew-control systems, Farpoint recently introduced 3.15-inch (80 millimeters) f/7 and 4-inch (102mm) f/6.47 apochromatic refractors that are sure to attract the attention of amateurs
|Name||Farpoint -102ED Triplet Apochromatic Refracting Telescope f/6.47|
|Manufacturer||Farpoint Astronomical Research|