FLI Proline CCD Cameras
The ProLine Imaging System sets a new standard in CCD camera performance and flexibility. As FLI's flagship imaging system, the Proline cameras feature user selectable download speeds, choice of cooling base configurations, and a separate hermetically-sealed chamber for the CCD and electronics. Every major component of the ProLine is CNC machined to ensure a long life in the most demanding conditions. The ProLine base / heat sink, shutter housing and front flange are each machined from a single piece of high-grade aluminium. (Being part of the base assembly, even the ProLine fan cover is CNC machined!) The electrical printed circuit boards use only the highest quality components and are protected from harsh environment without the need for conformal coatings.
Breaking new ground in download speeds, the ProLine provides the user with extremely fast user-selectable download speeds. You can download images at 12 mega-pixels per second for focusing. This means that an unbinned image can be downloaded to your PC in as little as 1 second! For imaging, the download time can be slowed to reduce the noise in the final image. The ProLine achieves a sustainable 65°C cooling performance. This means you can operate your camera at -30°C with ambient temperatures of up to 35°C (84°F) for lowest dark current and its attendant noise. No additional cooling or cooling sequence staging is necessary but a liquid cooling option is available to achieve a wider range.
Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. Each ProLine camera has an internal memory capacity so that the imaging chip can be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image. Through sophisticated design and production techniques, the ProLine image sensor is accurately aligned so that the imaging chip is perpendicular to the optical path without shims or other post-assembly adjustments. This is crucially important as chips get larger to insure the entire frame of your image is in focus.
FLI ProLine CCD Camera Feature Overview...
- The ProLine standard window has the highest transmittance available (~97% to below 390 nm). Systems that require higher transmittance are supplied with windows with extended high transmittance to 180nm.
- The ProLine shutter avoids the issue of particles falling from the shutter onto the sensor surface.
- ProLine is setup with external triggering for those applications that require it.
- The ProLine allows a user to power and connect an FLI focuser and filter wheel directly - avoiding long messy cables.
- ProLine standard air cooled base provides up to 65 deg C differential.
- Selectable download speeds up to 12 mega-pixels/seconds and On-board frame buffer standard
- CCD overscan capability, Field upgradeable firmware and USB 2.0 high speed serial interfaces
- Triple TEC Cooling for true, maintainable 65ºC cooling and separate hermetically-sealed chambers
- Electronics and sensor are back filled with medical-grade Argon
- Low noise, 16-bit operation and High tolerance sensor alignment and orthogonality
- 100% CNC Machined Sub-Assemblies with High Transmission camera windows (97%) and Custom window available with transmission below 200nm
About the Kodak KAF-09000 Sensor...
The Kodak KAF-09000 sensor has been specifically designed to meet the needs of next-generation low cost digital radiography and scientific imaging systems. The high sensitivity of the large 12-micron square pixels combined with a low-noise architecture allows system designers to improve overall image quality, or to relax system tolerances to achieve lower cost.
The excellent uniformity of the Kodak KAF-09000 image sensor improves overall image integrity by simplifying image corrections, while integrated anti-blooming protection prevents image bleed from over-exposure in bright areas of the image. To simplify device integration, the KAF-09000 image sensor uses the same pin-out and package as the Kodak KAF-16801 image sensor.
FLI Atlas Digital Focuser
Today’s sophisticated imaging systems include color filter wheels (asymmetrical weight distribution), off-axis guiders, rotators, corrective optics, and CCD cameras. Together they present a formidable group of equipment that must be moved with micron accuracy and no image shift to achieve the finest results. The FLI Atlas Digital Focuser is up to the task; an engineering pièce de résistance with unique solutions to achieving critical focus with heavy loads.
FLI Atlas Digital Focuser Features...
- High TPI precision adjustment screws translate into high positional accuracy
- Miniature stepper motor driven by micro-stepping controller
- Adjustment screws supported by high-load-rated bearings extend operational life in the most demanding conditions
- Linear bearings provide torsional rigidity
- Symmetrical distribution of redundant mechanical components guarantees consistent performance in any orientation
- Included FLI Zero Tilt Adapter ensures that system performance is not compromised by tilt, movement, or shifting
- All mechanical components are enclosed and protected from the environment
- Hidden drive motor (fully enclosed inside of Atlas Digital Focuser)
FLI CL1-10 CFW - CenterLine Color 10 Position Color Filter Wheel
Have you ever looked at the filter-wheels on the market and asked “why are they so lopsided?” Well, here’s the answer to that problem. This filter-wheel uses two separate carousels, each having five 65mm-square positions. Calling it a 10-position wheel is misleading, as one position in each wheel must be empty. So it really is a 8-position wheel. Take a look, it’s pretty cool.
The FLI CenterLine color filter wheels feature a centrally located aperture that presents a symmetrical mass distribution and eliminates the offset weight problems associated with virtually every other color filter wheel on the market. It is also ideal for prime focus installations where a zero or symmetric shading of the primary mirror is critical. The CL1-10 CFW presents an easier load to handle vs. a normal color filter wheel and it will not change a telescope’s balance as it tracks across the sky. The FLI CenterLine also allows for filter combinations unavailable with traditional style filter wheels.
The first FLI CenterLine to be released is the model CL1-10 which holds up to ten 50mm x 50mm square filters in two independently operated wheels. It is powered by two internally mounted stepper motors and two TruMotion synchronous belts. The internal wheels are supported by radial ball bearings that provide a smooth, quiet and repeatable operation.
FLI CL1-10 CFW - CenterLine Color 10 Position Color Filter Wheel Specifications...
- Number of Filter Wheels: 2
- Number of Filter Positions: 10 (5 per wheel)
- Filter Thickness Range: 3mm - 5mm
- Size: 11" x 13.625"
- Filter Size: 50mm Square
- Body Thickness: 1.1"
- Mechanical Connection: Zero Tilt Adapter
- Interface:: USB 2.0
- Weight: 5.3lbs
ProLine sets the standards in key performance areas that include: Download Speeds, Cooling, Low Noise Operation, Anti-Ghosting Technology, Image Quality, and Linearity.
Typical performance and features include:
- Sensor Cooling up to -75°C
- Large Format CCDs up to 50mm x 50mm
- Interline Sensor Operation at 12 MHz (16-bit)
- Full Frame Sensor Operation up to 10 MHz (16-bit)
- Separate On-Board A2D for Lowest Noise (1 MHz)
- Excellent Linearity
- Dual Super Coated AR Window
- Liquid, Air Cooled and Dual Mode Bases
- RBI Annihilator Standard
- AR Coated Quartz Windows
- Video Mode with Interline Sensors
- Reaches Operating Temperatures in 5 Minutes!
|Name||FLI - Proline PL09000 Monochrome CCD Camera - Bundle B|
|Manufacturer||Finger Lakes Instrumentation|