Explore Scientific ED127 Classic White Air Spaced Carbon Fiber Triplet Refractor Telescope
- ED 127 f/7.5 Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor in Carbon Fiber with Retractable Dew Shield
- Push/Pull Collimation Cell
- Two-Speed Focuser
- Deluxe Case
- 99% Reflective 2-inch Diagonal
- Cradle Rings with Handle
- Vixen-Style Dovetail
- ---Finder Scope is NOT included!
Explore ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Highlights…
- Tube assemblies are available in aluminum or carbon fiber
- Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets…true APO optics
- Diffraction limited at .25PV or better
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter.
- Contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly. While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. Sending off to the factory is an option, but is not required.
- 127mm models come with a heavy-duty 2" Crayford-style dual-speed rotatable focuser, included 2 draw tube extensions.
- Included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings. A 1.25" compression ring adapter is part of this package.
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- All Explore Scientific products come with a STAR Extended-Life-of-the-Product Warranty. Upon registration, this product will be under warranty for as long as it is manufactured, plus five years.
The Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO produces a visual experience that is often compared to much larger aperture reflector telescopes. The contrast and resolving power can reveal stunning detail on planets and deep sky objects alike. The designers of the Air Spaced Triplet ED Apo Series pursued to produce top-quality refractors with lasting value. The optical solution was to provide a traditional air-spaced design mounted in a rugged, adjustable lens cell. This design, shaped from experienced craftsmanship and polished from genuine HOYA FCD1 (Dense Fluor Crown) ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, a critical element to produce images that refractor afficianados know can only be obtained with a high-quality true apochromat. Exploring the fine features around the Moon's Hadley Rille will put to test observing skills of any astronomer as well as precision of telescope optics. Better optical quality dictates more precise focusing. This is especially true when observing at high magnification or when making CCD images. With a standard focuser, you will find that a tiny nudge will throw out focus and turn your night into one of frustration. So we included as standard equipment, on all Explore Scientific ED Apos, a ten-to-one, two-speed Crayford-style precision focuser with tension adjustment and lock to obtain and hold perfect focus. We think you'll agree that such precision is worth it.
The Critical Element: Optics
Explore Scientific uses ED (Extra-low Dispersion) FCD1 (Dense Fluor Crown) glass developed and manufactured by Hoya Optical of Japan. Using the right glass with the appropriate properties enables the production of lenses that offer superior sharpness and color correction.
The optics used in Explore Scientific ED Air-Spaced Triplet refractors are truly diffraction-limited at .25PV or better. As a privilege of ownership, those who wish to obtain a copy of their interferometric data can request it up to 90 days after registration of their ED Triplet telescope by contacting the Explore Scientific Customer Service Department.
2" 99% Reflective Dielectric-Coated Diagonal
Provided as standard equipment, Explore Scientific's 2", 99% Reflective, Dielectric-Coated Diagonal incorporates a light-weight, one-piece diagonal body that securely cradles the precision polished diagonal flat mirror, insuring precision alignment.
Deluxe Two-Speed Focuser
On prestine nights of steady seeing, Saturn's Rings can forever affect the hearts and minds of almost anyone who lays eyes on them. It's nights like these that astronomers like to set up their refractors and push the magnification to the limits, not only to see the magnificence of the planet at greater scale but to really test the optical and mechanical quality of the telescope.
Many telescopes are only supplied with a standard single-speed focuser, you will find that a tiny nudge will throw out focus and turn your night into one of frustration.
So we included as standard equipment, on all Explore Scientific ED Series, a two-speed Crayford-style precision focuser with tension adjustment and lock to obtain and hold perfect focus. We think you'll agree that such precision is worth it.
EMD (Enhanced Multi-layer Deposition) Coatings eliminates light scatter and maintains high image contrast. This proprietary coating is applied to all Explore Scientific lenses in multiple layers for added durability.
Contrast is further enhanced by the installation of multiple baffles in the optical tube that mask and deflect unwanted stray light.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $2,849.99
Special Price: $1,699.99
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13|
|Optical Coatings||EMD (Enhanced Multilayer Deposition)|
|Size||L=990.6mm x W=139.7mm|