Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 ED Apochromatic Triplet Essential Refractor Telescope
The Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO Telescope made Wired Magazine''s Wish List for cool gifts and is a perfect instrument for demanding wide field observing and astrophotography.
Rugged and portable, the Explore ED Triplet is a true three-element apochromatic telescope capable of producing research-level image quality. Dr. Mike Reynolds used the ED80 telescope to make the first ever images of shadow bands on clouds during the total eclipse of the sun over Easter Island on July 11, 2010.
- The Explore ED APO telescope comes with a white aluminum tube with black accents.
- Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets have true APO optic and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better.
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan is used on all ED APO Triplets at Explore, for superb quality and light throughput.
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter; and contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly.
- While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. Sending your ED Triplet off to the factory is always an option, but is not required.
- Heavy-duty 2" dual-speed focusers.
- The included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings. A 1.25" compression ring adapter is part of this package.
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- All Explore Scientific products come with a STAR Extended-Life-of-the-Product Warranty. Upon registration, this product will be under warranty for as long as it is manufactured, plus five years.
When the designers at Explore Scientific set their sights on creating a top-quality apochromatic refractor that anyone would be proud to own, they decided on a traditional air-spaced triplet optical design in a rugged, adjustable lens cell. All materials had to be top-notch, so genuine Hoya extra-low dispersion (ED) Dense Fluor Crown (FCD1) glass was chosen, and then experienced craftsmen shaped and polished the elements that would form the foundation of a high-quality, true APO refractor.
All Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet APO Refractors are diffraction-limited at .25PV or better. Special EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings are deposited on all optical surfaces, and the result is bright, high contrast images with virtually no light scatter. Interferometic data on your newly purchased and registered Explore apochromatic refractor is available upon request after 6 months of ownership. Time restrictions apply; please contact Customer Service for more information.
While optics are definitely the most important component of any telescope, other features, like the focuser and the optical tube, play a crucial role in the design. Below you will find highlights on all of the ingredients used to create Explore Scientific Triplet APO refractors, including a very liberal warranty that speaks volumes about the confidence we have in our telescopes!
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Explore Scientific - ED127 Classic White "Essential Series" Air Spaced Triplet Apochromatic Telescope
Regular Price: $2,799.99
Special Price: $1,599.99
|Dimensions||660.4 x 120.4|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12|
|Resolving Power||1.14 arc seconds|