Estimated delivery is early 2016.
New from the industry leaders at Explore Scientific, a complete line of light weight Truss-tube Dobsonians in 10", 12", and 16" apertures. Truly revolutionary in their designs which combine light weight, ease of setup, superb optics, and ingenious means of portability, these awesome instruments are sure to please astronomers of all skill and experience levels.
For example, this 10" Truss-tube Dobsonian features 1270mm Focal length, f/5.2, 2" two-speed focuser with 10:1 reduction, deluxe Red-dot finder, Lightweight and portable the two-piece design allows the primary objective to store in a unique self contained aluminum housing and the secondary fits inside the aluminum rocker box.
No telescope type has influenced amateur astronomy as radically as the Dobsonian telescope. Before the introduction of this telescope type by John Dobson the vast majority of amateur telescopes were small inadequate refractors on shaky mounts - just good enough to show the polar regions on mars or the rings of Saturn. Bigger telescopes, like the Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, were restricted to the relatively small group of amateurs that could afford them.The brilliant combination of simple - but effective - mechanics and the largest aperture available led to a worldwide triumph of Dobson's concept. No other telescope type offers you so much light for your money as a good dobsonian. Despite its large aperture the telescope can be transported easily even in small cars and is assembled within minutes without tools. The construction was optimized for maximum rigidity with a minimum of mass. The combination of BIG altitude wheels and a optimized aluminium-sandwich construction allows for small movements even at high magnifications. The focus position is already positioned to accept a coma-corrector. The ideal workhorse for the deep-sky enthusiast. A telescope with a 254mm aperture gathers more than 1500 times more light than the naked eye. Details on planetary surfaces stand out even to unexperienced observers, and countless deep-sky objects show details. Bright globular clusters are resolved down to the core and the view of the lunar terminator will provide a unforgettable experience.
- Modern 254mm ultra-light truss-tube dobsonian telescope in full aluminium construction
- Modern secondary mechanics - the collimation is easily achieved without tools and keeps collimation well during transports
- Modern primary mirror cell - the telescope mirror can be collimated from the front while looking through the eyepiece and is supported by a modern floatation system with radial roller bearings
- Large altitude wheels provide smooth and precise movement even at high magnifications
- Secondary unit and altitude wheels fit into the rocker box and the mirror box includes a cover for transport so that the whole telescope breaks down into only two aluminium cases and the trusses
- Extremely high rigidity construction
- Dew-resistant because of aluminium construction: no deforming press board due to the exclusive use of metals
- Lightweight: the aluminium profile/aluminium plate construction reduces the weight to about half of the mass of most press board designs of this price range
|Name||Explore Scientific - 10" Ultra-Light Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope|
|Angular Field of View||0.50 arc seconds|
|Caps||Rain / Dust|
|Construction||Aluminum / Aluminum sandwich|
|Finderscope||LED - Red Dot|