Up to 60 FPS
With 60 FPS (frames per second), The IMAGING SOURCE DMK 21AU04.AS Monochrome USB astronomy camera without an IR cut filter is the fastest within its category. It is ideally suited to black and white astrophotography, in which very fast image sequences are desired. The camera ships with IC Capture.AS, a comprehensive software package with which you can capture lossless and uncompressed images sequences and write them to disk as AVI files, or as a series of singular bitmaps.
Sony ICX098BL 1/4 " CCD Chip
The DMK 21AU04.AS ships with the monochrome Sony ICX098BL progressive scan CCD chip. With its 1/4 " format, the CCD chip produces a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. Even at very long exposure times - up to 60 minutes exposure are possible - noise is minimal. Thanks to this extremely high quality, the Sony ICX098BL CCD chip is also often used in other scientific, industrial and medical image processing applications.
No Compression, No IR Cut Filter
The DMK 21AU04.AS does not compress the video stream it outputs - the video data that is captured by the CCD chip is outputted directly by the USB connector. Similarly, the camera does not have an IR cut filter, a color filter, nor an other kind of electronic filter. The camera is, therefore, ideally suited to capturing very true-to-life images of the night sky.
High Speed Data Transfer Via USB
In order to transfer the vast amount of data created by the stream of uncompressed and lossless monochrome images to the host PC, you need a very high speed bus. Hence, the DMK 21AU04.AS is fitted with a fast USB connector.
The DMK 21AU04.AS ships with the device driver IC WDM UVCCAM TIS and the camera control and image acquisition application IC Capture.AS. Both of these run on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit).
Software for Mac OS and Linux is available from third parties.
- 1/4 " CCD, Sony ICX098BL (progressive scan).
- Resolution 640 x 480 pixels.
- Up to 60 FPS and 60 minutes exposure.
- C/CS mount.
- Software included.
• Interline CCD image sensor
• Image size: Diagonal 4.5mm (Type 1/4)
• Number of effective pixels: 659 (H) × 494 (V) approx. 330K pixels
• Total number of pixels: 692 (H) × 504 (V) approx. 350K pixels
• Chip size: 4.60mm (H) × 3.97mm (V)
• Unit cell size: 5.6µm (H) × 5.6µm (V)
• Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 31 pixels
Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
• Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 16
• Substrate material: Silicon
|Name||Imaging Source - DFK 21AU04.AS with Sony ICX098BQ USB Monochrome CCD Camera|
|Manufacturer||Imaging Source Astronomy Cameras|