Denkmeier - Denk II Super System Binoviewer w/ 2" OCS (Optical Corrector System) with Case
" Meticulous Quality Control defines all Denkmeier Binoviewers "
- A 2” multipurpose Optical Corrector System (OCS) allows unrestricted binocular viewing with any type of telescope
- Denkmeier Denk II Super System has a dual arm Power x Switch that provides multiple magnifications from a single pair of eyepieces.
- High quality BaK4 prisms are polished to 1/8th wave accuracy and fully multi-coated with special dielectric materials.
- Every unit is Hand Collimated to ensure amazingly sharp stellar images.
- Included SCD (self-centering diopter) eyepiece holders are CNC machined of anodized aluminum.
- Individual eyepiece focus can be accomplished smoothly and with great accuracy.
- Every Denk II Super System Binoviewer is available as part of a package: SCT Package, Newtonian Package, or Refractor Package.
- The Denkmeier (OCS)™ Optical Corrector System has allowed access to low-power views of the sky with TWO EYES!
- Denkmeier Denk II Super System Binoviewers have superb optical quality for Planetary, Lunar, Solar and Deepsky use.
- Denkmeier adjustable foam fitted Travel Case
THE SUPER SYSTEM:
The Super System binoviewer combines OCS optics with a new dual arm Power x Switch lens system that can move in and out of the light path at the touch of a finger. Used in various combinations, the arms allow three different magnifications with a single pair of eyepieces, whether you’re using a Refractor, Newtonian reflector, or Schmidt-Cassegrain.
The illustration at left has the basic parts of the Super System labeled. Not all of these parts will be used depending on what telescope is being operated. With an SCT, the Middle Newtonian Spacer and the MultiPurpose OCS Cell are not used at any time. With a Refractor, the Middle Newtonian Spacer Tube is not used at anytime but the Multi-Purpose OCS Cell must be used on the telescope side of the star diagonal. With a Newtonian, all of the parts shown in this diagram will be used.
SCD EYEPIECE HOLDERS:
The SCD (self-centering diopter) eyepiece holders are CNC machined of anodized aluminum. They are self-centering for proper merging of the images. A twist on the holder collar collapses an internal split ring evenly around the 360° circumference of the eyepiece barrel. This centers each eyepiece in the light path and holds it in place without scratching, and without the use of an easily-lost thumbscrew. Individual focusing of each eyepiece is accomplished by rotating a second collar on each eyepiece. This raises and lowers the eyepieces to change the focus in either or both eyepieces, the same way the diopter adjustment on a binocular corrects for differences in your vision. The interpupillary distance extends from 50mm to 75mm, a wide enough spread to accommodate virtually any eye spacing, even that of children.
Dual Arm POWER X SWITCH:
The Super System binoviewer features the OCS optics plus a new dual arm Power x Switch lens system that you can move in and out of the light path at the touch of a finger. The convenience and cost savings of being able to choose between three different magnifications from a single pair of eyepieces is significant. And it works the same no matter whether you’re using a Refractor, Newtonian reflector, or Schmidt-Cassegrain as follows:
- Schmidt-Cassegrain: Using the dual Power Switch arms in various combinations allows magnifications of 0.66x, 1.15x, and 2x with a single pair of eyepieces.
- Newtonian: Using the dual Power x Switch arms in various combinations allows magnifications of 1.3x, 2.3x, and 3x with a single pair of eyepieces.
- Refractor: Using the dual Power x Switch arms in various combinations allows magnifications of 1.3x, 2.3x, and 3x with a single pair of eyepieces.
Denkmeier Binoviewers - Superb viewing with Both Eyes Open!
We are pleased to announce the newest Denkmeier Binoviewer System! It offers our patented optical Power Switching device, turning a single pair of eyepieces into three pairs! It includes our world famous 2" OCS System, and works on any telescope. Available in both a Standard Model and a Denk II Premium Model.
One System For Any Telescope
Now, we offer The Super System in the quest to simplify things for our new customers. The Super systems offer Simplification without compromise in performance. All parts are included in both the Standard and The Denk II Super Systems for using with any telescope. Every System includes the Dual Arm Power x Switch and the 2" OCS System. The only difference between The Standard and Denk II Models is the Binoviewer!
Here's How It Works
The illustration at right shows The Super System as "Newtonian-Ready". The large OCS Optic and 2" OCS Tubes slide Into you Newt 2" Focuser. The User Manual provides clear instructions allowing thee magnification factors: 1.3X/2.3Xand 3X with a single pair of eyepieces. We can supply our Denk Eyepieces or Tele Vue Eyepieces!
The Middle Newtonian Spacer has been removed, and the 2" OCS Cell has been threaded iknto the star diagonal on the telescope side. Quality 2" Star Diagonals have female 48mm threads on the telescope side tube. Denkmeier sells our own 2" Super Quality Star Diagonals that are optimized for The Super Systems . Slide into your Refractor Focuser and you are ready to go! You will have basically the same magnification factors using the Power x Switch: 1.3X/2.3X/3X. Also works on Mewlons, Classical Cassegrains, and any scope using a star
For SCTS like The Meade and Celestrons, The 2" OCS Cell is not used. The Middle Newtonian Spacer has been removed as it was in Refractor Use. The Binoviewer with it's Power x Switch and 2" Nosepiece is simply loaded into your 2" Star Diagonal. Now, true Reduction Results since the OCS Cell is not needed to acheive focus. This is because your SCT mirrors allow focus to occur. Power switch facors are now .66X/1.15X/2X. The OCS can be used on the binoviewer nosepiece with the high power arm of the Power x Switch for 3X. Simply thread it onto the Bino nosepiece and push in the high power arm.
|Name||Denkmeier - Denk II Super System with Case|
|Additional Information||fits most telescopes|
|Alignment Procedures||factory hand collimated|
|Carrying Case||fitted foam|
|Eyepieces||optional (Denk or TeleVue)|
|Eyepiece Barrel Size||1.25"|
|Filter Wheel||optional filter switch|
|Focus Assist||SCD adjustable eyepiece holders|
|Mounting connections||per scope type|
|Optical Coatings||full multi-coated w/ special dielectric|
|Prisms||BaK4 roof 1/8 wave accuracy|