CELESTRON .....ESTABLISHING A NEW STANDARD IN TECHNOLOGY!
Celestron’s landmark telescopes reach a new level with the NexStar Evolution 925, the first of a series of Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes with integrated WiFi standard. Forget the hand control and slew to all the best celestial objects with a touch of a smartphone or tablet. Simply connect the device to NexStar Evolution’s built-in wireless network, and enjoy viewing the universe with the Celestron mobile app for iOS and Android.
Plus, Celestron's standard Planetarium Interface allows viewers to scan the night sky in real time or display a list of celestial objects currently visible based on the time and location of the scope. Celestron's proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure is built into the Celestron mobile app, so users are ready to observe within minutes.
THE MOST USER-FRIENDLY TELESCOPE, EVER!
Celestron engineers designed the NexStar Evolution series based on years of customer feedback. It offers many thoughtful design features that combine to provide the best possible experience under the stars.
No longer will batteries or external power supply be necessary for a computerized viewing session. For the first time ever on a consumer telescope, NexStar Evolution includes its own Built-in Lithium-ion Battery. Stargazing marathons lasting up to 10 hours are now possible on a single charge. And the NexStar Evolution’s USB charge port is available to top off the other devices that need to stay powered-on during an observing session.
Setting up the new NexStar Evolution is quick and painless with large, ergonomic handles. The steel tripod features leg etchings to help achieve a level, uniform height for the telescope. Manual clutches in both Altitude and Azimuth offer greater flexibility to manually point the telescope when powered off. Store up to 7 eyepieces in 2 accessory trays, including one with an adjustable red LED illuminator.
FINER TRACKING ACCURACY FOR ASTROIMAGING
For Astronomers interested in astro-imaging, the 9.25 inch NexStar Evolution is an excellent, affordable way to get started. It’s the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers worm gears and greatly improved motors standard. NexStar Evolution’s tracking accuracy is so impressive, capturing images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula can be achieved by simply attaching most any DSLR camera. As users progress in the hobby of astro-imagingCelestron's Pro HD Wedge can be added to facilitate longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos. Of course, the Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings—a great choice for visual observers and budding astro-imagers alike.
NexStar Evolution includes a StarPointer finderscope, two 1.25” Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25” star diagonal, AC adapter, and optional hand control.
EXCLUSIVE SKYALIGN™ TECHNOLOGY
With Celestron SkyAlign, setting up and using a computerized telescope is faster and easier than ever before. Point the telescope at three bright objects in the sky, and the telescope tells you what the objects are. You don’t need to know the names of the stars—you can even pick the Moon or bright planetsSkyAlign is the simplest method to align a computerized telescope, providing ease of use for beginners while retaining the accuracy demanded by experienced users.
Input the date, time, and current location, (GPS-equipped telescopes obtain all this information automatically) and then point the telescope at any three bright objects. There is no need to point the telescope north or to level the optical tube as in previous alignment methods: the initial position of the telescope is irrelevant.
SUPERIOR STARBRIGHT XLT OPTICAL COATINGS
The purpose of a telescope is to collect as much light as possible. The amount of light gathered affects the brightness of the resulting image. Unfortunately, there are sources of light loss at each optical surface and within each lens. Fortunately, the right optical coatings and lens materials can minimize the amount of light lost to these sources. Optical coatings are very thin layers of material that are applied to the glass in a process called “vacuum deposition.” The physical properties and thickness of each layer in the coating, as well as their orientation with each other and the glass to which they are applied, determine how well they will do their job.
Since the function of a mirror is to collect light by way of reflection, Celestron uses only highly-reflective metallic coatings on these optical elements. A mirror without coatings reflects about 4% of the light that hits its surface, but a mirror coated with standard aluminum coatings reflects about 86-88%—and a mirror coated with StarBright XLT reflects 95%. The materials used in our reflective and anti-reflective coatings are the purest available (exceeding 99.99%) and include aluminum (Al), hafnium oxide (HfO2), titanium dioxide (TiO2), silicon dioxide (SiO2), and magnesium fluoride (MgF2).
CELESTRON NEXSTAR EVOLUTION 925 FEATURES:
- Control your telescope wirelessly from your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free Celestron mobile app with planetarium interface and SkyAlign technology
- Compact, portable 9.25-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube with StarBright XLT optical coatings and Fastar compatibility
- Computerized GoTo mount with high-performance worm gears and motors for improved tracking accuracy, along with reduced gear backlash
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with enough power for 10 hours of continuous observing
- Improved industrial design with manual clutches and integrated carry handles, plus the added convenience of two accessory trays and a USB charge port for your smart device
- Unique enhanced multi-layer mirror coatings made from precise layers of aluminum, SiO2 (quartz), TiO2 (titanium dioxide), and Si02 (silicon dioxide). Reflectivity is fairly flat across the spectrum, optimizing it for both imaging and visual observing.
- Multi-layer anti-reflective coatings made from precise layers of MgF2 (magnesium fluoride) and HfO2 (hafnium dioxide). Hafnium—a rare element that costs nearly $2,000 per kilogram—gives us a wider band pass than the titanium used in competing coatings.
- High-transmission water white glass is used instead of soda lime glass for the corrector lens. Water white glass transmits about 90.5% without anti-reflective coatings; that’s 3.5% better transmission than uncoated soda lime glass. When water white glass is used in conjunction with StarBright XLT’s anti-reflective coatings, the average transmission reaches 97.4%: an 8% improvement.*
|Name||Celestron - NexStar Evolution 925 Telescope|
|Eyepieces||2 Plossl (13mm, 40mm)|
|Focal Length||2350 mm|
|Mount||Single Fork Arm, Alt-Az|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||22 inches|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||85 mm|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||13%|