Celestron - NexStar 8 SE Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with StarBright XLT Coatings
- 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain optical design
- SE series combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Celestron's unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the optical tube
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Sturdy computerized Altazimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Portability and serious performance come together in the largest (8") scope of the NexStar SE series. Celestron's first new Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system in over a decade is now available in a high performance Altazimuth computerized telescope. With a total weight of 33 lbs including the tripod, the ultra portable 8 SE features a precision optical system with 2032mm focal length (f/10) and offers 78% more light gathering than a 6" telescope.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the new NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior StarBright XLT coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign™ telescope alignment software and much more.
The days of complicated telescope assembly and setup are over. NexStar SE telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes with no tools required. Using Celestron's patented SkyAlign, simply input the date, time, and location into the flash upgradeable hand control, then point the telescope at any three bright celestial objects and the telescope does the rest. You do not need to know the names of the stars...you can even pick the Moon or a bright planet!
Plug the optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969) into NexStar's Auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments.
Computerized Mount Features:
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar systems objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969).
- Variable rate slewing speeds (9 total!), RS-232, Auxillary and Camera Control Ports and well as Sidereal, Solar and Lunar tracking rates.
The NexStar 8 SE has all the same features as Celestron's most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including our revolutionary SkyAlign™ alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of over 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control. Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
Every NexStar SE includes a version of The Sky X® software Level 1 Planetarium software for exploring the Universe on your PC and printing out custom star charts of the sky. In addition, you receive our NexRemote software that allows you to operate your telescope via your PC. Software package valued at over $100 included free with your NexStar SE!
Whether you’re a pro astronomer in search of a portable telescope with great features, or just a budding astronomy enthusiast in search for a quality scope to enjoy the night sky, you can never go wrong with the NexStar 8 SE Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Model# 11069. All the advanced features of the Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope make it ideal for observing the night sky as well as for astrophotography.
Who says Astronomy has to be complicated? Let a NexStar SE help you find thousands of stars, planets, galaxies and more at the touch of a button! The new NexStar SE Family combines unprecedented ease of use with advanced features and incredible value. Buyer's remorse not included.
|Accessory Tray||Tripod Mounted leg brace|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align|
|Angular Field of View||0.63°|
|Aperture||203.2 mm (8 in)|
|Batteries||8 AA (user supplied)|
|CD ROM||NexRemote V1.6, The Sky Level 1|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control, Autoguider port, Aux port|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED keys|
|Database||40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Quick Release Tube Clamp|
|Eyepiece 1||25 mm (0.98 in) E-Lux Plossl|
|Eyepiece Apparent FOV||50°|
|Eyepiece Eye Relief||20mm|
|Focal Length||2032 mm (80 in)|
|Fork Arm||rigid aluminum|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480x|
|Light Gathering Power||843x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||33"|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29x|
|Magnification 1||81 x|
|Motor Drive||Integrated DC electronics|
|Mount||Single Fork Arm Altazimuth|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT|
|Optical Tube||Aluminum, Orange Mettalic|
|Optical Tube Length||17 in (431.8 mm)|
|Power Supply||12V DC|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||2.5 in (63.5 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||9.8 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||31.3 %|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds (5°/sec, 3°/sec, 1°/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x)|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 arc/sec calculations|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North, EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|