Get 2 celestron nexstar 13mm and 6mm eyepieces $79.95 value at N/C with purchase
Celestron - NexStar 4SE - Maksutov-Cassegrain with StarBright XLT Coatings
- 4" Maksutov-Cassegrain design telescope
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Internal flip mirror for convenient viewing at 90 degrees or imaging straight through (with optional adapter).
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Sturdy computerized Altazimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod features built-in wedge which allows 4 SE to be used for astrophotography
- “The SkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Featuring high-quality Maksutov-Cassegrain optics, the NexStar 4SE is an ideal telescope designed by Celestron for observing and photographing our Solar System as well as Deep Sky objects like Galaxies, Nebulas,Stars, Star Clusters - and the list goes on and on. With a total weight of 21 lbs including the tripod, the ultra portable NexStar 4 SE with Starbright includes a precise optical system with a 1325 mm focal length (f/13) and is the first Maksutov system to ever feature Celestron's own premium StarBright XLT coatings.
The 4 SE includes a camera control feature that allows you to remotely take a series of timed exposures using your digital SLR camera. In addition, the telescope also includes the Flip Mirror Control, Straight Through Photographic Port and Tripod featuring a built-in wedge to help make short-exposure astrophotography possible and convenient.
Computerized Mount Features:
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Nearly 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Includes a camera control feature and shutter release cable that allows you to remotely take a series of exposures using your digital SLR camera
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
The NexStar 4 SE has all the same features as Celestron's most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including their revolutionary SkyAlign' alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of nearly 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control. Celestron also makes it simple to insert the optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969) into NexStar's auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 4 SE isn't one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the new NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, optically superior StarBright XLT coatings, and Celestron's revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting to enjoy astronomy and are looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look. Every Celestron NexStar SE includes a version of The Sky software Level 1 Planetarium software for exploring the Universe on your PC and printing out custom star charts of the sky. In addition, you receive NexRemote software that allows you to operate your telescope via your PC. This software package valued at over $100 is included free with your NexStar SE!
The NexStar 4 SE Telescope provides exquisite views of the wonders of the Universe. This 4” Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is equipped with Celestron's patented Sky – Level 1 Planetarium software. Supporting the classy metallic orange tube is a sturdy adjustable metal tripod with a motorized altazimuth wedge mount and the NexStar computer controller. One of the awesome features of this Computerized Telescope is its pre-programmed GoTo tracking system. The telescope can locate and track nearly 40,000 pre-set celestial objects with just one push of a button. It actually makes astro-imaging a breeze. This state of the art telescope is ideal for observing or imaging the many wonders of space. NexStar 4 SE is also very portable with its total weight of just 21 pounds including the tripod.
The Celestron NexStar 4 SE Telescope is pre-loaded with a large astronomical database of over 40,000 pre-programmed celestial objects, 200 user-defined targets, and useful information on over an additional 200 objects. It also features the Celestron patented SkyAlign technology which allows you to focus on any three bright stars, making search and tracking much easier. To aid you in accurately locating and focusing manually on objects, you can use the StarPointer finderscope. This added feature makes manual tracking possible for users of all skill levels.
Who says Astronomy has to be complicated? Let a NexStar SE help you find thousands of stars, planets, galaxies and more at the touch of a button! The new NexStar SE Family combines unprecedented ease of use with advanced features and incredible value. Buyer's remorse not included.
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, SolarSystem Align|
|Angular Field of View||1°|
|Aperture||102 mm (4.02 in)|
|CD ROM||NexRemote V1.6.14 & "The Sky®" Level 1|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control, Aux port, Camera Control port|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||38,181 accessible objects|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Quick Release Tube Clamp|
|Eyepiece 1||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Focal Length||1325 mm (52.17 in)|
|Magnification 1||53 x|
|Mount||Single Fork Arm Altazimuth|
|Optical Tube Length||13.5 in (342.9 mm)|
|Other Equipment||Camera Shutter Cable|
|Power Supply||8-AA batteries (not included)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.14 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.37 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.38 in (35.05 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||11.8 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||34.4 %|
|Software Features||Camera Control|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations|
|Star Diagonal||Internal Flip mirror for straight thru or 90 viewing angle|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Steel with built-in wedge|