Televue - TV-85 (Complete) f/7 APO Refractor - Brass
The Televue-85 combination of the apochromatic doublet lens and the special dispersion glass come together in the genius of the Tele Vue design to provide a stunning 4.4° rich-field which will dazzle the vision with delicate jewel-like stars.
- The Televue TV85 is a superb travel scope, measuring only 21.5" (546mm) in length and weighing 9.6 lbs.
- 23.6" (600mm) focal length combined with 3.35" (85mm) aperture produces an f/7 refractor capable of a limiting stellar magnitude of 12.1 with a superior 1.36 arc seconds of resolution over a 4.4° field.
- The Televue TV85 combines true apochromatic doublet lens performance with special dispersion low chromatic glass to produce stunning image sharpness and color.
- Each piece is precision machine crafted for lasting performance and this optical tube carries a rich, elegant brass finish.
- The Televue TV85 Package includes 2" Everbrite diagonal, 2" focuser, screw-in dust cap, Plossl eyepiece, 1.25" adapter and custom soft carrying case.
- Included 20mm 1.25" TeleVue Plössl Eyepiece delivers 30X with a 2.9mm exit pupil.
- Soft foam-fitted Cordura-style nylon carrying case with cut-outs for scope and six eyepieces.
- Thread-in metal dust cap to protect optics from damage and dust during travel and storage.
- Retractable lens shade to protect against dew at night and provide better contrast during daylight viewing.
- 2" Everbrite dielectric coated mirror diagonal with outstanding 99% reflective properties.
- 2" rack and pinion dual speed focuser and 1.25" adapter with a non-marring brass clamp rings.
- Clamshell mount for easy adaptation to option mount and tripod, or photo tripod systems.
- Five Year Manufacturer Warranty
"Deep-sky and planetary views with the Tele Vue 85 were equally impressive. At 17x with the 35-mm Panoptic, stars in the open cluster M44 shone like diamonds against a dark background." -- Sky & Telescope Magazine
The apochromatic performance of the new Nagler designed, fully multi-coated 2-element objective and 2" Everbrite diagonal produce natural stellar and planetary color rendition even at the highest useful powers. All air-to-glass surfaces in the Tele Vue 85 are multicoated to provide high transmission and virtually eliminate internal reflections. The tube's textured, flat-black inner surface also suppresses reflections and helps deliver high-contrast images. The diagonal itself is know for its legendary full 99% reflectivity properties and permitting the use of long focal length 2" eyepieces. Whether pushing beyond the theoretical magnification limits of 150x or taking your breath away with incredible low power "picture window" views of the heavens, the Tele VueTV-85 is there to deliver.
The Tele Vue-85's mix of aperture and small physical size makes it a wonderful "go anywhere, do anything," crossover instrument-with Tele Vue quality, of course. With APO performance and airline portability, the Tele Vue-85 has been delighting astronomy and birding enthusiasts and reviewers alike. "Eye-popping performance that raises the standard of excellence for highly portable instruments." Evaluation of double-stars, lunar detail, deep sky and photography were reported in Sky and Telescope as: "Truly awesome! ...Incredible!...the view almost blew me off my chair!..." The conclusion, "...an extremely powerful, compact instrument capable of delivering stunning images of the universe."
Objective: 85mm Aperture, APO Doublet Focal Length: 600mm Focal Ratio: f7.0 Max Visual Field: 4.4 degrees Weight / Length: 8 lbs /. 21 1/2 in. Complete Includes: Custom soft case, Screw-on lens cover, Sliding dew shield, Plossl eyepiece, 2" focuser, 2" Everbrite diagonal, 1-1/4" adapter (all fittings contain brass clamp ring style locks), Ivory Powdercoat or Evergreen Powdercoat, or Brass Finish
|Name||TeleVue - 85mm f/7 Refractor Kit - Brass|
|Manufacturer Part No||BXC-3370|
|Custom Stock Status||Place your order to join our wait list - no deposit required.|