All Tele Vue filters are individually inspected for cosmetic and optical properties, as well as being serialized.
The NebuStar Filter is a great general purpose filter for all nebulae observation. Red-blocking properties permit brighter & sharper star images
Bandmate™ filters yield bright, sharp and contrasty images - even in the optically sensitive position in front of the diagonal. Optical glass and red filtering allows for sharp and bright views of nebulae with embedded star clusters - such as the Lagoon Nebula (M8). Bandmate™ NebuStar™ Filter
High-performance, dielectric, squarewave "UHC" type general purpose narrow-band filter great for all nebulae types and instrument sizes.
* Red blocking allows brighter, sharper star images not plagued with red fringing seen on most filters of this type.
* Highest transmission in critical bands
* Optical quality ground and polished BK-7 substrate means no loss of sharpness - even when used in front of mirror diagonals.
100% quality control:
* Every single filter is checked optically and cosmetically to assure performance.
* Every filter is individually serialized.
Features of TeleVue Bandmate™ Filters
* Optical grade BK7 glass to insure no image degradation due to the substrate.
* Ion beam deposition of the coatings produces hard, stable coatings to reduce changes due to temperature and humidity.
* Dielectric filter for high transmission and blocking of unwanted wavelengths provide high contrast images.
* Aluminum filter cells precision machined and laser etched.