Although the CoStar is primarily intended as a high performance guider, it makes an excellent electronic finder and planetary imaging camera!
- Imager type: Aptina MT9M001 mono cmos chip with low dark current and anti-blooming.
- Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 5.2uM x 5.2uM, Image format: 1304 x 1024 pixels
- Image area: 6.66mm (Horizontal) x 5.32mm (Vertical).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 620nM (~65%), 35% at 400nM and 770nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 40 electrons RMS - typically only 20 electrons.
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 minutes. Less than 1 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 10 bits.
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 0.1 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: USB powered.
- Cooling system: Ambient air cooling.
- Size: 32 x 60mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 25 x 0.75mm 'C mount' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- Weight: approx. 45g.
The top image is a 5 second expore taken with the CoStar with a F5 80mm telescope. The bottom is the same scope view but with the Lodestar instead. While the Lodestar is more sensitive, the CoStar is still an excellent guider.
|Name||Starlight Xpress - CoStar CMOS Autoguider|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|
|Manufacturer Part No||COSTAR|
|Custom Stock Status||Place your order to join our wait list - no deposit required.|
|Antiblooming||Overload margin greater than 1000x|
|CCD Image Area||6.66mm (Horizontal) x 5.32mm (Vertical)|
|Computer Interface||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface|
|Cooling||Ambient air cooling|
|Dark Current||Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 minutes. Less than 1 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient|
|Data Format||10 bits|
|Image Download Time||Typically 0.1 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0|
|Pixel Size||5.2uM x 5.2uM, Image format: 1304 x 1024 pixels|
|Power Requirements||USB powered|
|Read Noise||Less than 40 electrons RMS - typically only 20 electrons|
|Sensor Type||Aptina MT9M001 mono cmos chip|
|Size||32 x 60mm black anodised aluminium barrel|
|Spectral Response||QE max at 620nM (~65%), 35% at 400nM and 770nM|