The launch of the new Atik Titan means you no longer have to choose between planetary and deep-sky imaging. You can now do both, making this the perfect newcomer's camera.
As a deep-sky camera, the cooled CCD with low read-noise allows detection of faint details over long exposures. Planetary imaging moves seamlessly from sensitivity to resolution, providing fast frame rates to capture moments of best seeing.
Excelling at both, the Titan is the perfect introductory camera.
Planetary: In high-speed mode, the Titan is able to record up to 15 frames per second in uncompressed 16-bit format. The high frame rate is important in order to capture moments of steady 'seeing' when the image becomes clear. The 16-bit digitisation makes it easier to pull spectacular detail out of low contrast objects such as the surface of the Sun, or the debris belts of Saturn.
Deep sky: The Titan has a remarkable 5-electron read-noise in deep-sky mode. This is better than that of many astro-cameras costing thousands of quid. The low read-noise allows faint detail to be pulled out of the Titan's images. The Titan also features advanced cooling for long-exposure imaging.
Guiding: The Titan's mix of high sensitivity and high frame rates makes it an ideal high-end guide camera. It sports a standard ST-4 type guide socket on the back for direct connection to a mount. Guiding can be performed through our Capture software, or programs such as Maxim DL, Astroart and CCDSoft.
Software: Also included is “Dawn” - Atik's new image processing software. Like Atik cameras, it was designed from the ground up to be powerful, yet easy to use. It allows a sequence of image processing steps to be represented in the form a a pictorial work-flow which can be created with a few mouse clicks and can be executed very easily for repeatable and speedy results.
Meet the Sensor: The ICX424(mono) is a diagonal 6mm (Type 1/3) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array suitable for EIA black-and-white cameras. Progressive scan allows all pixel's signals to be output independently within approximately 1/60 second. The Sony ICX424 chip features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter. High sensitivity and low dark current are achieved through the adoption of the HAD (Hole- Accumulation Diode) sensors. Progressive scan allows individual readout of the image signals from all pixels.
Sony ICX424 Interline Transfer Sensor Features
- High vertical resolution (480 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Square pixel
- Supports VGA format
- Horizontal drive frequency: 24.54MHz
- No voltage adjustments (reset gate and substrate bias are not adjusted.)
- High resolution, high sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter
- Low smear
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- Horizontal register: 5.0V drive
- 16-pin high precision plastic package (enables dual-surface standard)
- Interline CCD image sensor
- Image size: Diagonal 6mm (Type 1/3)
- Number of effective pixels: 659 (H) × 494 (V) approx. 330K pixels
- Total number of pixels: 692 (H) × 504 (V) approx. 350K pixels
- Chip size: 5.79mm (H) × 4.89mm (V)
- Unit cell size: 7.4μm (H) × 7.4μm (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 31 pixels - Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 16 - Vertical 5
- Substrate material: Silicon
SONY ICX424 Interline Transfer CCD (mono)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $728.00
Special Price: $689.00
|Name||ATIK - Titan CCD Camera - Sony ICX424 Monochrome Sensor|