The Atik 314L+ represents the gold standard in medium resolution cooled astronomy cameras.
This camera is based on the highly successful Atik 3 platform, which features state-of-the-art technology for supreme performance and ease of use. In addition, the 314L+ has full set-point temperature regulation - making it easy to take matching dark frames.
A result of extensive research and development, the Atik 3 platform's benefits include:
- USB2 performance for ultra-fast download speeds
- 1 megapixel/second readout, or 2 megapixels/second in preview mode
- advanced electronics to provide the best readout noise characteristics
- lightweight cases to put less stress on your focuser
- compact and symmetrical camera design which allows use with fork mounts, as well as with Starizona's Hyperstar system
- low power consumption - 12V, 0.8A - means longer imaging sessions in the field
- highly efficient set-point thermoelectric cooling - to 27º C below ambient temperature
- software-controlled cooling for automated operation.
Like its brother, the Atik 314E, this camera draws on all the advantages of this popular and highly successful platform. However, the Atik 314L also incorporates an exceptional Sony ICX285AL ExView 1392 x 1040 sensor with larger 6.45µ pixels, making it suitable for use on a wide range of telescopes. Readout noise is typically 4 electrons rms, making this an extremely sensitive camera. Data download takes only 1.8s for a full-frame readout, or 0.9s in preview mode. The camera weighs only 400g.
What's included in the box?
- camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper).
Our highly-acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL.
A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional.
System requirements: Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM, XP/Vista/Win7, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.Users manual: http://www.atik-cameras.com/downloads/manuals/AtikSeries3Manual.pdf
|ADC (analog to digital converter)||16 bit|
|Communication Ports||ST-4 compatible|
|Cooling||Termoelectric set point with max ΔT=-27°C|
|Exposure Length (Max)||Unlimited|
|Exposure Lenght (Min)||1/1000 s|
|Interface||USB 2.0 High Speed|
|Pixel Size||6.45 µM x 6.45 µM|
|Power Supply||USB 2.0 High Speed|
|Readout Noise||4 e- typical value|
|Resolution (Horizontal)||1392 pixels|
|Resolution (Vertical)||1040 pixels|
|Sensor Type||Sony ICX-285AL|