The new Atik 320E is a 2-megapixel, high quality, CCD camera that provides Astro-Imagers the opportunity to take breathtaking, high resolution wide-field images of the night sky. Like the Atik 314E, its relatively small pixels make it ideal for the increasingly popular short focal length refractors.
The sheer number of pixels allows images to be taken at extremely high resolution. Like its siblings, the Atik 314E and Atik 314L+, the Atik 320E is based on the highly regarded Atik 3 series platform. This gives the lowest read-noise of any camera currently available to amateur astronomers. The platform features a USB 2.0 interface for fast readout. The Atik 320E also features highly efficient cooling, low weight, and an amazingly reasonable price.
Astronomers are increasingly turning to short focal length refractors to image large deep-sky targets such as extended nebulosity. If the pixels of a camera are too large, the result from these telescopes is often under-sampling which produces images with disappointing lack of detail. The Atik 320E with its relatively small pixels (4.40um square), makes it a great match for many of today's most popular telescopes.It's not just the 320E's pixel size that makes this camera stand out. The 1620 x 1220 pixel array gives images a very pleasing wide-screen look that is thrilling when used with popular objects. Deep-sky imaging is normally done with a resolution of 1.5 to 3 arc/sec per pixel. However, some amateur enthusiasts of high-resolution deep-sky imaging go down to 0.5 or below. No problem for the Atik 320E.
As part of the Atik 3 series, the Atik 320E has a great pedigree, and quality you can trust. This includes excellent linearity, ultra low read-noise of just 3e-, and state-of-the-art thermoelectric cooling.
System requirements: Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM, XP/Vista/Win7, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
- The Atik 320E CCD Camera utililzes a Sony ICX274 Interline Monochrome Sensor.
- 2 Million 4.4uM square pixels for high resolution imaging
- The Atik 320E CCD Camera has ultra low read noise for great sensitivity.
- Lightweight in order not to cause flexure of the telescope focuser tube.
- The Atik 320E CCD Camera delivers highly efficient cooling to 25 degrees below ambient.
- Great software for image acquisition and preprocessing.
- The Atik 320E CCD Camera platform features USB 2.0 interface for fast readout, highly efficient cooling, and low weight.
- Take stunning wide field images of the sky at high-resolution
The remarkable SONY ICX274 Interline Monochrome Sensor
|Name||ATIK - 320E CCD Camera - Sony ICX274 Monochrome Sensor - DISCONTINUED|
|ADC (analog to digital converter)||16-bit|
|Cooling||Thermoelectic, ∆T = -25˚C Max|
|Interface||USB 2.0 High-Speed|
|Pixel Size||4.40µm x 4,40µm|
|Power Supply||12V DC 0.8A|
|Read Noise||Typical 3e-|
|Resolution (Horizontal)||1620 pixels|
|Resolution (Vertical)||1220 pixels|
|Sensor Type||Sony ICX274|