This is a discontinued item. We recommend the ATIK 214L + CCD Camera Sony ICX285AL Color Sensor as a replacement.
The Atik 314E represents a landmark in affordability and performance for cooled astronomy cameras.
It is based on the highly successful Atik 3 platform, which features state-of-the-art technology for supreme performance and ease of use.
A result of extensive research and development, the Atik 3 platform's benefits include:
- USB2 performance for ultra-fast download speeds
- 1 megapixel/second readout, or 2 megapixels/second in preview mode
- advanced electronics provide best-in-the-field readout noise characteristics
- lightweight cases to put less stress on your focuser
- compact and symmetrical camera design allows use with fork mounts, as well as with Starizona's Hyperstar system
- low power consumption - 12V, 0.8A - allows longer imaging sessions in the field
- highly-efficient thermoelectric cooling - to 25ºC below ambient temperature - virtually eliminates thermal current, making dark frames unnecessary
- software-controlled cooling switch for automated operation.
Drawing on all the advantages of this popular platform, the Atik 314E camera incorporates a Sony ICX205AL ExView 1392 x 1040 sensor with 4.65µ pixels. Readout noise is typically a class-leading 3 electrons rms, and data download takes only 1.6s for a full-frame readout, or 0.8s in preview mode. The camera weighs only 350g.
The Atik 314E is especially suitable for use with both the popular small refractors and with bigger telescopes using focal reducers. Because it is a 1/2'' class CCD it fits perfectly within the corrected circle of even 3.3 reducers, making it a good choice for SCTs. It also works superbly with Starizona's Hyperstar system.
What's included in the box?
- camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector (car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
Our highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL.
A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional.
System requirements: Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM, XP/Vista/Win7, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
|Name||ATIK - 314E CCD Camera - Sony ICX205AL Color Sensor - DISCONTINUED|
|ADC (analog to digital converter)||16 bit|
|Additional Information||Guide Port ST-4 compatible|
|Cooling||Thermoelectric with -25 degree C, switchable on/off by software|
|Dimensions||110mm diameter, 53mm deep|
|Exposure Length (Max)||Unlimited|
|Exposure Lenght (Min)||1/1000 s|
|Pixel Size||4.65 x 4.65|
|Power Supply||12v DC 0.55A|
|Read Noise||3 e-|
|Resolution (Horizontal)||1392 pixels|
|Resolution (Vertical)||1040 pixels|
|Sensor Type||CCD - Sony ICX205AL|
|Thread on front of camera||T-Thread (M43x0.75)|