Apogee - Alta F1 - Grade 1 Monochrome CCD Camera - Front Illuminated
The Alta F1 CCD camera from Apogee is equiped with a Kodak KAF-0402ME sensor and includes a fan heat transfer system. It is a microlensed monochrome CCD sensor with a Vincent 25mm shutter.
- INTERNAL MEMORY- Each Apogee system is equipped with 32Mbytes of SDRAM image memory. This localized memory is important for two reasons: firstly, to buffer the image transfer, protecting it from any noise-producing interruptions that may incur during the process. Secondly, it allows for faster digitization of image sequences, up to the limit of the internal memory of the camera.
- FIELD UPGRADEABLE FIRMWARE- Every camera arrives coded with information that identifies the type of system you have received, it’s configuration, the CCD used in it and the revision number of the active firmware. For an added level of convenience, the most current drivers and firmware updates are always available for download on our website (Support > Drivers & Downloads), allowing cameras to be updated at any time, from anywhere and making it easier for Apogee Customer Support staff to troubleshoot remotely when necessary.
- EXTERNAL TRIGGERING- External hardware triggers can be utilized through a general I/O port available on every Apogee system. External triggers can be coupled with software triggers and used in a variety of ways to trigger image sequences. A software or hardware trigger can be used to initiate a single exposure or a sequence of exposures for a set duration and delay between each exposure. A software trigger may also be used to start a sequence with the external trigger used to trigger each subsequent image. The external trigger can also be used to trigger row shifts for timedelayed integration or it can be used to trigger block shifts for kinetic imaging.
- PROGRESSIVE SCAN- Interline transfer CCDs go through a process in which they first shift charge from the photodiode in each pixel to the masked storage diode, then march the charge through the storage diodes to the serial register. Acquisition of a new image in the photodiodes during readout of the previous image is called “progressive scan” or continuous imaging. This feature is available on every interline transfer supported camera.
- PROGRAMMABLE FANS- Due to customer demand, in both the Alta® and Aspen® camera series the fans may be turned completely off or run at a much slower speed to maintain adequate cooling with no vibration. For applications where vibration is not as big of a concern, the fan speed may be maximized for greatest cooling
KAF-0402ME sensor key features:
- Monochrome Sensor with photoactive pixels of 0.4m of area. 768H x 512V
- Best used between 350nm to 1000nm
- Built with two CCD technologies for circuit support and dark current reduction
- Full Frame format for maximum pixel sensitivity
- The Kodak KAF-0402ME sensor has a 3:2 aspect ratio
- 77% peak of Quantum Efficiency when using microlensing, 45% @ 400nm
- Read noise of 15-e
Alta cameras offer the best warranty in the business, and for good reason: Apogee's Alta Camera Series focuses on quality and reliability so you can focus on innovation and discovery. With a lifetime warranty against condensation in the inner chamber, and a two year parts and labor warranty, including the CCD, we have the best warranty in the industry. If you've got an out-of-box issue with one of our cameras, we're the only company that pays for shipping both ways. Why do we offer such an outstanding warranty? Because Alta cameras are rock solid from day one.
Front Illuminated Full Frame CCD
Back Illuminated Full Frame CCD
|Manufacturer||Apogee Imaging Systems|
|Array||768 x 512|
|Binning Options||1x1 to 10 x 512|
|CCD Image Area||6.912 x 4.608 mm|
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0|
|Exposure||10 milliseconds - 183 minutes|
|Mounting connections||C-mount (1” 32 tpi thread)|
|Pixel Size||9 x 9 microns|
|Sensor Type||Kodak KAF-0402ME|