AG Optical 16" Newtonain Astrograph Telescope
- Best in class FLI Atlas focuser is standard
- High quality primary and secondary optics (Ultra Low Expansion mirrors optional)
- Thick wall carbon fiber sandwich honeycomb core tube for focus stability
- Wynne corrector with generous 3.1" of back focus, focus interface machined directly into
- Focuser reinforcement rings to carry heavy camera loads
- Multipoint primary mirror flotation cell with heavy duty locking screws for collimation stability
- 100% Made in the USA with outstanding customer support
The 16" Astrograph from AG Optical is a lightweight, thermally stable, and fast focal ratio optical tube for the most advanced astrophotographers out there. The astrograph is great for deep sky objects because of its fast focal ratio (f/3.8) and anti-reflective coatings on the mirror. The CATSEYE hotspot in the center is used to aid in collimation.
- Supremax 33 low expansion mirrors
- Enhanced aluminum coatings
- CNC-machined multi-point flotation cell for primary mirror
- Multiple edge supports at mirror's center of gravity
- Primary mirror baffle
The 16" Astrograph from AG Optical is equipped with a Wynne corrector, which is excellent for pinpointing stars over 50mm fov. However, 78.5mm of backfocus is also an advantage when using this corrector, which is great for many CCD cameras and other astrophotography accessories.
Features of Wynne Corrector:
- High quality broadband antireflection coating on each lens surface
- Multiple Schott and Ohara glass types used to achieve excellent correction from 400nm to 700nm across 50 mm image circle
- FLI Atlas and Wynne corrector included as standard
- Wynne corrector housing has Atlas interface machined directly into the corrector housing to ensure a tilt-free, repeatable, and extremely rigid connection between the focuser and the Wynne corrector.
Another important accessory that AG Optical has included with this 16" Astrograph is the FLI Atlas focuser! This digital focuser has heavy payloads for many heavy cameras but also allows automatic focusing, perfectly suitable with this optical tube.
- CNC machined 6061 components, black anodized for a dark, durable finish
- All fasteners stainless steel
- Focuser base reinforcement rings are standard on AGO Newtonian astrographs to provide critical support to heavy imaging cameras.
- High quality prepreg carbon fiber materials cured at elevated temperature using vacuum bag techniques
- Reinforced interface at tube-to-focuser base junction
- Three 12vdc, speed adjustable cooling fans
|Manufacturer||AG Optical Systems|
|Optical Coatings||High reflectivity aluminum|
|Optical Tube Length||58"|