AG Optical 16" Imaging Harmer Wynne Astrograph
Imaging Harmer Wynne (iHW) astrographs are high resolution, fast focal ratio instruments with excellent on and off axis performance. By combining large aperture, fast focal ratio, corrected optics in a lightweight, stiff, and thermally stable carbon fiber tube AG Optical Systems has created an instrument capable of conducting serious scientific work (such as sky surveys) or capturing wide field images of unlimited deep space object.
An optional quartz upgrade is now available for all iHW telescopes. Quartz' extremely low coefficient of thermal expansion allows the figure on the optics to remain stable while ambient temperatures vary. This means you will spend more time imaging and less time waiting for the optics to stabilize.
Imaging Harmer Wynne Astrograph Features
- Optics figured and quality tested as a system. Quartz upgrade available for the ultimate in figure stability.
- Blazing fast F3.9 system designed and baffled to big chip CCD cameras
- 8.75" of back focus to support almost any combination of imaging components (dependent upon focuser selected)
- Excellent coma free, astigmatism free, flat field performance over 52 mm image circle
- FLI Atlas Focuser
- Outstanding field illumination across big chip cameras.
- Carbon fiber composite tue engineered to provide rigidity and thermal stability.
- Optional AGO Thermal Control System for PC-based, automatic control of cooling fans, primary and secondary heaters.
- CNC machined components with stainless steel fasteners.
SUPREMAX 33 Rolled Borosilicate Glass
SUPREMAX 33 is a rolled borosilicate glass available in sheet form with a chemical composition identical to SCHOTT’s floated borosilicate glass BOROFLOAT 33.
The outstanding physical and chemical properties of SUPREMAX 33 offer the benefits of low thermal expansion, high thermal resistance, excellent light transmission and impressive chemical durability. SUPREMAX 33 is also a low density glass that is 12 % lighter than soda lime glass. This, in combination with the availability of a broad thickness range (up to 66.7 mm), makes SUPREMAX 33 a highly versatile material suitable for an unlimited array of applications.
SUPREMAX 33 is a borosilicate glass type 3.3 as specified in the international standard ISO 3585. The quality of SUPREMAX 33 is guaranteed by our ISO 9001 certified quality assurance system.
SUPREMAX 33 is environmentally friendly and made of non-hazardous inorganic and natural raw materials. The glass can be recycled several times and disposed of without difficulties.
Sheet Sizes and Tolerances
Standard Sheet Size
Gross Dimensions in mm (inch): 1,200 x 1,500 (47.24 x 59.06)
Net Dimensions in mm (inch): 1,000 x 1,500 (39.37 x 59.06)
|Thicknesses in mm (inch)||Tolerances in mm (inch)|
|28.60 (1 1/8)||± 1.0 (± 0.040)|
|31.75 (1 1/4)||± 1.0 (± 0.040)|
|34.90 (1 3/8)||± 1.6 (± 0.064)|
|41.30 (1 5/8)||± 1.6 (± 0.064)|
|47.60 (1 7/8)||± 3.2 (± 1.125)|
|57.20 (2 1/4)||± 6.4 (± 0.250)|
|66.70 (2 5/8)||± 8.3 (± 0.325)|
SUPREMAX 33 is available in a broad thickness range
SUPREMAX 33 rolled borosilicate glass can be cut to size within the standard sizes.
- Refractive Index nd [λ 587.6 nm] - 1.472
- Stress Optical Coefficient [K] - 4.0 x 10-6mm² N-1
- Dispersion - (nF – nC) - 71.9 x 10-4
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion a [20-300 °C/68-572 °F] - 3.25 x 10-6 K-1
- Specific Heat Capacity Cp [20-100°C/68-212°F] - 0.83 kj/(kg x K)
- Thermal Conductivity λ [90°C/194°F] - 1.2 W/(m x K)
- Softening Point [107.6 dPas] - 820°C/1508°F
- Annealing Point [1013 dPas] - 560°C/1040°F
- Strain Point [1014.g dPas] - 518°C/964°F
- Transformation Temperature Tg-530°C/986°F
- Dielectric constant εr - [at 25°C and 1 MHz] - 4.6
- Loss Tangent tan δ - [at 25°C and 1 MHz] - 37 x 10-4
- Specific Electric Volume Resistivity
- lg p 250°C - 8.0 Ω x cm
- lg p 350°C - 6.5 Ω x cm
- tk100- 250°C/482°F
- Acid Resistance - [ISO 1776] - 1
- Alkali Resistance - [ISO 695] - A2
- Hydrolytic Class - [ISO 719] - HGB 1/[ISO 720] - HGA 1
- Density - 2.23 g/cm3
- Young's Modulus [E] - 64 GPa
- Poisson's Ratio - 0.2
- Shear Modulus - 27 GPa
- Vickers Hardness [0.2/15] - 568
- Knoop Hardness [0.2/20] - 480
|Name||AG Optical - 16" Imaging Harmer Wynne Astrograph|
|Manufacturer||AG Optical Systems|
|Manufacturer Part No||iHW16|
|Custom Stock Status||This item is ordered per customer request and a delivery times will vary. You will be contacted as soon as your order is placed with a delivery time.|
|Backfocus Distance||9" from back plate to focal plane|
|Baffling||primary and secondary baffles, baffled for 16803 size chip|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Massive, thermally compensated dovetail plate included|
|Fans||3 x 80 mm fans|
|Optical Coatings||Enhanced Aluminum|
|Optical Tube Length||approx. 32"|
|Optical Tube Weight||approx. 88 lbs with Dovetail and Focuser|
|Primary Mirror||Supremax 33 substrate. Optional quartz upgrade.|