AG Optical 12.5" Dall Kirkham Astrograph Telescope
A great benefit behind the Dall Kirkham design is excellent off-axis performance. The 12.5 astrograph from AG Optical is in a carbon fiber tub and has a medium focal ratio with a large aperture to support a variety optical and astrophotography combinations.
- Optics figured and quality tested as a system
- Fast F6.7 system designed and baffled to cover 16803 size chip
- 6" to 8.5" of back focus to support almost any combination of imaging components (dependent upon focuser selected)
- Excellent coma free, astigmatism free, flat field performance over 70 mm image circle
- Highly robust, precise Optec TCF-S3i focuser is standard. Optional FLI Atlas focuser.
- Outstanding field illumination across big chip cameras.
- Carbon fiber truss tube engineered to provide rigidity and thermal stability. Optional AGO Thermal Control System to automatically control fans, primary heater, and secondary heater.
A key feature of the 12.5 Astrograph is the ability to pinpoint stars at 6 micron RMS spot size even at large fields of view at medium slow focal ratio f/6.7. With a two element corrector, coma, field curvature, and astigmatism are brought to low levels. Correctors AG Optical has implemented in these astrographs include permanent alignment and 0.5% reflection. The primary and secondary mirrors in the 12.5" Astrograph are coated with materials that prevent unwanted or stray light which leads to more accurate and pinpoint views. One great thing about this astrograph is the amazing pinpoint of 70mm accomodates CCD sensors as large as 16803 chips.
This astrograph is equipped with an Optect TCF-S3i focuser that is capable of very high camera loads and offers repeatable focusing. With the addition of this focuser, more astrophotography equipment is available due to an increased 6" backfocus.
|Manufacturer||AG Optical Systems|
|Optical Coatings||Enhanced Aluminum Mirror Coatings|
|Optical Tube||Carbon Fiber Truss|
|Optical Tube Length||29"|
|Primary Mirror||Supremax 33 low-expansion glass|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||6.7"|