Now Celestron Advanced Series GT, NexStar Series, GPS, and CGE Series telescopes can be set up and operated remotely from a PC or laptop! NexRemote duplicates all of the functions and features of our NexStar software on the standard NexStar Hand Control plus much more!
NexRemote Software CD with license RS-232 Cable to connect telescope to PC or Laptop Serial-To-USB Adapter
When gamepad support is enabled, NexRemote uses the Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad as a means of remotely controlling the telescope operation. This is particularly useful when aligning the telescope with NexRemote and the PC is not within reach. See the Gamepad Reference section for a complete list of all operations.
NexRemote allows the user to control their Celestron computerized telescope from their personal computer. Everything that is done using the telescope's hand control can now be done remotely from a PC or laptop. This software was developed for Celestron's high-end telescopes that use the NexStar control system including the NexStar "i" Series, Advanced Series, NexStar GPS Series and CGE Series.
NexRemote provides full emulation of every aspect of the Celestron Computerized Hand Control including
° Alignment in any tracking mode
° Database of objects
° User objects
° Connect to popular planetarium programs
In addition to emulating the NexStar Hand Control, NexRemote adds powerful new features including
° NexRemote talks - Keep your eyes on the stars instead of the LCD by enabling speech support
° Control the objects you want to see and the order that you see them
° Create and save custom tours by launching NexTour
° Use Night Vision Mode to reduce the effect of the laptop screen on your eyes
° Wireless control of the telescope with Optional Gamepad Support
° Connect to your personal GPS device to NexRemote with NexGPS
° Download NexRemote updates online to use the latest features
- NexStar SLT
- NexStar 8i SE
- Advanced Computerized Series
- CPC GPS Series
- CGE Series
- Discontinued Celestron NexStar 8/9.25/11 GPS
- Discontinued Celestron NexStar 5i/ 8i
- PC compatible (Note: 233MHz Pentium II or better is required)
- Windows 98SE or better is required for basic operation
- Windows NT, 2000, or XP is required for Virtual Port operation
- NexRemote will not work with 64 bit version of Windows Vista
- DirectX 7 or later must be installed.
- SAPI 5.1 or later is required for speech support. ( This is free to download and can be obtained here.)
- MDAC 2.5 or later is required for tour editing.
- RS232 Serial Port (or USB-to-Serial / PCMCIA-to-Serial adapter)
- PC Port (programming) or HC Serial cable (Note: An additional device is required when using the GT telescopes. Please contact technical support for more details.)
- Logitech Wingman Cordless Rumblepad
- Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2
- Logitech Wingman Rumblepad USB
- Saitek P3000 Wireless Pad
NOTE: Virtually any gamepad can be configured to work with NexRemote. Read the help files for details.
*NexRemote is included with select NexStar "i" Series, GPS, and CGE Series telescopes beginning in March, 2004 (contact your Celestron Dealer for availability of models with NexRemote).
- Control the objects you want to see and the order that you see them
- Create and save custom tours by launching NexTour
- Use Night Vision Mode to reduce the effect of the laptop screen on your eyes
- Wireless control of the telescope with Optional Gamepad Support
- Connect to your personal GPS device to NexRemote with NexGPS
- Download NexRemote updates online to use the latest features
- NexRemote talks - Keep your eyes on the stars instead of the LCD by enabling speech support
|Name||Celestron - NexRemote Telescope Control Software|