iOptron The MiniTower Goto Mount
The MiniTowerTM is the perfect combination of capacity and portability.
25 lbs. of Payload-Born out of the popular iOptron CubeTM, MiniTowerTM is the ultimate observing solution for people who are searching for a capable and portable GoTo telescope mount to counter light pollution in their backyards and for travel convenience. With a standard payload of 25 lbs, a rock solid 1.5” alloy/stainless steel tripod, metal worm and gear and two dovetail adaptors-- The MiniTowerTM is capable of handling most OTAs.
Extremely Portable-With all the standard components (excluding the tripod) packaged in an alloy metal case, MiniTowerTM can easily be carried around in a car trunk or as an airline luggage. The whole system takes only 10 minutes to assemble. This unlimited portability, combined with the internal GPS, gives amateur astronomers extreme flexibility in selecting an observing location.
Accurate GoTo and Tracking-Equipped with the most advanced SmartStar GoTo technology, MiniTowerTM is one of the most powerful and accurate GoTo mounts. The standard 8401 hand controller offers the superb navigation experience with an 8 line LCD back-lit display, a 130,000 object database and a USB port for easy connection with ASCOM compliant PC planetarium programs. With a typical GoTo accuracy of 1 arc minute and the SmartStar precision auto-tracking, MiniTowerTM will consistently bring the celestial object of your choice to the center of the eye-piece and keep tracking for hours.
Additional Unique Features Powered with other features such as automatic over-current protection, automatic clutch protection for both axes, easy 3-point level adjustment, dual scope setup with two dovetails and much more, MiniTower™ is one of the most user-friendly GoTo mounts available today.
- 25 lb Payload
- 8 lbs of additional payload on the balancing side
- All metal (aluminum alloy and stainless steel ) heavy duty tripod
- 1.5”/1.25” stainless steel legs
- Internal GPS
- 8401 controller with USB port and 130,000 objects in database
- Accurate SmartStarGoTo and auto-tracking
- Conical bearings, 4 steel ball bearings
- Metal worm/gears
- Automatic over-current protection
- Automatic clutch protection for both axes
- Typical GoTo accuracy: 1 Arc Min.
- Resolution: 1 Arc Sec.
- Dual scope setup with two dovetails
- High accuracy level indicator
- 3-point easy level adjustment
- Manual push-to for both Axes
- Standard counterweight
- Standard travel case
- Standard AC adapter
- Standard USB cable
- Standard DC adaptor cable with car lighter plug