Explore Scientific 80mm Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Telescope
This version is replacing the original TED0806-00 optical system. This new version does NOT include a finderscope; must be purchased separately.
This telescope comes with the following accessories:
- Removable Dew Shield
- Two-speed Focuser
- Deluxe Case
- Diagonal 2" 99% Reflectivity
- Vixen Style Dovetail Mount
- ---Finder Scope is NOT Included!
The Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO telescope made Wired Magazine's Wish List for cool gifts and is a perfect instrument for demanding wide field observing and astrophotography.
Rugged and portable, the Explore ED80 Triplet is a true three-element apochromatic telescope capable of producing research-level image quality. Dr. Mike Reynolds used this telescope to make the first ever images of shadow bands on clouds during the total eclipse of the sun over Easter Island on July 11, 2010.
In addition to fine optical quality, the deluxe 2-speed 10:1 focuser, 99% dielectric 2" diagonal, and case make this telescope an extreme value!
The 80mm f/6 ED Apochromatic triplet from Explore Scientific is a great air-spaced triplet refractor telescope for observing as well as for use in photography of celestial objects. This wide field instrument utilizing Hoya ED glass, comes equipped with a 99% dielectric-coated 2-inch diagonal as well as a 8x50 viewfinder making it easy to locate objects. A flight ready case with a foam insert is also included with the telescope as well as a dew shield and dust covers.
- Clear Aperture: 80mm
- Focal Length: 480mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6
- Resolving Power: 1.45 arc seconds
- Coatings: EMD™ (Enhanced Multilayer Deposition)
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12
- Maximum Practical Visual Power: 315x
- Lowest Useful Visual Power: 12x
- Focuser: Ten-to-One 2-Speed Crayford-Style, with Adjustable Tension and Lock
- Viewfinder: 8x50 Straight; Correct Image; Illuminated Reticle; Adjustable Objective and Eyepiece Focus; Dual-Ring, Six-Point, Bracket with Quick Release Shoe
- Saddle Plate: Fits Explore Scientific Mounts; Vixen Mounts; Meade LXD55/75 Mounts
- Tube Diameter: 85mm
- Tube Length: 475mm (incl. dew shield)
- Tube Construction: Aluminum; Stainless Steel
- Optical Tube Assembly Weight: 7.5 lbs.
TwiLight II Altaz Mount and eyepieces are sold separately. All Explore Scientific telescopes are covered under their standard U.S.A. One Year Limited Warranty against defects with proof of purchase, but you can extend this limited warranty to five years by simply filling out the product registration and mailing it to Explore Scientific within 60 days. This program is also available to the person who receives your gift of an Explore Scientific telescope. You don't need to give them the purchase receipt, just remind them to fill out the registration and mail it to Explore Scientific and they will take care of the rest.
|Name||Explore Scientific - ED80mm Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Telescope|
|Focuser||Ten-to-One 2-Speed Crayford-Style, with Adjustable Tension and Lock|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12|
|Optical Coatings||EMD(Enhanced Multilayer Deposition)|
|Optical Tube||Aluminum; Stainless Steel|
|Optical tube diameter||85mm|
|Optical Tube Length||475mm (incl. dew shield)|
|Optical Tube Weight||7.5 lbs|
|Warranty||Explore STAR Transferrable Unlimited Lifetime Product Warranty|