Orion SteadyStar Adaptive Optics Guider and Rotator
You can now operate your SteadyStar Adaptive Optics Guider with Rotator with MaxIm DL (5.19 or later) imaging software! A plug-in is now available for download in the SteadyStar Adaptive Optics Guider with Rotator product support section.
A new way to autoguide and track, the SteadyStar AO Guider with Field Rotator is a powerful and versatile companion to your telescope, mount and camera. The built-in Field Rotator allows you to move the SteadyStar’s off-axis prism to locate a guide star or to change the imaging camera orientation. It also enables long exposure imaging with motorized altitude-azimuth mounts. And with the fast adaptive optics guiding, it turns any image capable mount (Alt-Az or EQ) into a more effective one, yielding better tracking.
- High-speed refractive correction adaptive optics eliminate tracking errors for higher quality astrophotos with rounder and more pinpoint stars
- Field Rotator allows you to take long-exposure astrophotos with motorized altazimuth mounts and increases the ease of locating a guide star for virtually any celestial object you are imaging
- The 40mm diameter on-board optical window supports APS-C format sensors including DSLRs and amply-sized CCD cameras without any vignetting
- A plug-in is now available which allows operation of the SteadyStar via MaxIm DL imaging software (5.19 or later)
- Included SteadyStar software controls the AO, rotator and the attached AutoGuider (sold separately) and is compatible with Windows XP, Vista 32/64 bit, and Windows 7 Operating Systems. Compatible with ASCOM cameras.
The SteadyStar AO Guider with Field Rotator not only makes rapid and accurate tracking corrections to deliver pinpoint stars, it also allows you to rotate the camera and off-axis guider without disturbing the focus. That makes finding a guide star much easier. Additionally, the SteadyStar AO Guider with Field Rotator is an ideal solution for imagers with fork altitude-azimuth mounts, including those used with popular catadioptric telescopes. Since Alt-Az mounts cannot move in arcs to match the apparent movement of the sky, the field rotator will do that for you. There’s no need to purchase a heavy equatorial wedge for your fork mount.
The SteadyStar’s broad compatibility works with most cameras including any Orion CCD camera as well as DSLRs, and most autoguiders including the StarShoot AutoGuider. A filter wheel can be added between the SteadyStar and imaging cameras without adding to the backfocus.
Traditional autoguiding can typically only make a single correction every couple of seconds or so; during that time your tracking is vulnerable to periodic error from your mount, wind, or atmospheric seeing conditions. The SteadyStar can easily make several tracking corrections per second, which far exceeds the ability of regular autoguiding. As a result, even a modestly priced mount with the SteadyStar attached will perform like a high-end expensive mount to deliver sharper astrophotography.
The 40mm diameter on board optical window supports APS-C format sensors including DSLRs and amply sized CCD cameras. It can communicate with MaxIm DL for exposure sequences. Windows XP, Vista 32/64 bit, Windows 7 compatible. A hard carrying case is included as well as a 10’ USB cable, 10’ autoguiding cable, and 12VDC power cable.
See the difference for yourself in your own astrophotography; the SteadyStar AO Guider with Field Rotator will unlock your full imaging potential!
|Name||Orion - SteadyStar Adaptive Optics Guider w/Rotator|