Ensures Critical Centering Of Collimators, Cameras, And Other Accessories In 2" Focusers.
- Precisely centers 1.25" collimating device, imaging camera nosepiece, or eyepiece in a 2" focuser
- Helical compression mechanism centers the accessory as it is tightened in place
- An improvement on the standard 1.25" adapter, which pushes the inserted accessory OFF center
- Made of machined, black-anodized aluminum with knurled twist-lock ring
- Barrel is threaded for 2" filters
This clever adapter precisely centers any 1.25"" accessory in a 2" focuser. Whereas standard 1.25" adapters use a thumbscrew, which pushes an inserted barrel laterally, i.e., off center, the Centering Adapter employs a helical compression mechanism that precisely centers the accessory as it is tightened in place. This adapter is especially useful with reflector telescopes for critical centering of a collimating device. It's also ideal for centering eyepieces and imaging cameras on the center axis of a telescope's light path. Made of machined, anodized aluminum, with a knurled twist-lock ring. Barrel is threaded for 2" filters.
|Name||Orion - Precision Centering Adapter - DISCONTINUED|