Offering superb optical performance in a lightweight and easy-to-manage package, the APO-Televid 82 from Leica delivers brilliant insights into nature that are rich in detail and contrast. Its high-performance optics and compact form-factor make it a natural choice for digiscoping as well as conventional viewing - there's a special camera adapter that allows the viewer to convert the Televid into a high-powered telephoto lens for long-range photographic applications.
The optical system of the APO-Televid 82 combines apochromatic optics with fluoride glass and a substantial 82 mm objective to bring a significant increase in light-throughput to the viewing experience. From dawn till dusk, the APO-Televid reveals astounding intimate high-resolution views of flora, fauna, and vistas.
This APO-Televid 82 features straight-through viewing that's favored for rapid subject location. The optional 25-50x WW aspherical eyepiece is highly recommended as a matching ocular for this scope - its wide FOV delivers a wrap-around viewing experience that pairs well with the refined optics of the Televid scope.
Leica's legendary optical performance becomes quite apparent when viewing through the APO-Televid 82 - apochromatic color-accuracy, fluoride lenses for startling high-contrast imaging, full multicoating throughout the system, and the addition of Leica's proprietary AquaDura protective coatings all combine to produce scenic wonder without compromise.
The die cast housing is constructed from a lightweight magnesium alloy for its remarkable strength, and rigidity. The exterior is covered in a non-reflective matte-black rubber armoring for a bit of shock/impact resiliency, and a positive tactile grip in all types of weather. The scope also features a rotating tripod collar that brings a not-so-subtle increase in versatility when positioning the APO-Televid 82 for digiscoping purposes.
Note! Eyepiece not included.
- Optical Performance
- Optically neutral front lens protects the APO optics
- Water and dust repellent hydrophobic AquaDura lens coatings
- Apochromatic fully multicoated color-corrected optical system
- Fluoride glass lenses for enhanced color fidelity and contrast
- Construction Details
- Robust black rubber armored diecast magnesium housing
- Sealed optical system is waterproof to a depth of 17.0'/5.0 m
- Use and Handling
- Objective: 82 mm
- Rotating tripod collar with detented click stops
- Dual focus system with microfocusing is precise and intuitive
- Retractable lenshood with built-in peepsight for rapid subject location
|Name||Leica APO-Televid 82 Spotting Scope|