The popular 6" Newtonian in the Advanced series is now available on our heavy-duty CG-5 computerized mount. The C6-NGT Newtonian scope uses diffraction-limited parabolic primary mirrors for razor sharp star images across a wide field of view. The optics of these heavy duty telescopes are manufactured to Celestron's uncompromising standards with star images that are classic textbook Airy disks.
Mounted on the Advanced GT Series computerized mount, this telescope has some high performance software and hardware features. Operated by our proven NexStar computer control technology the telescope has a 40,000+ object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects. Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
Using the RS-232 communication port on the hand control, you can control the telescope via a personal computer and our new flash upgradeable hand controls allow you to update your telescope's operating software via the internet. An autoguider port is also included for astrophotography. No matter at what level you are starting out, this precision instrument will satisfy your needs both visually and photographically.
CG-5 Mount - Precision engineered for stability.
Our new German Equatorial mount has precision worm gears on both axes for extremely smooth stability. The key element that makes this system the most stable in its class is the NEW heavy-duty tripod with larger and more substantial legs that offer excellent damping characteristics for more stable views. The CG-5 also has a convenient latitude scale for easier alignment and an optional polar finder scope for the ultimate in precision alignments.
- High quality 6" reflector
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Rack and Pinion Focuser - 1-1/4"
- Heavy Duty (CG-5GT) computerized German Equatorial mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" diameter steel tripod with accessory tray
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (93966)
The Advanced Series family of computerized GoTo telescopes was designed to offer the novice or more advanced user a selection of models with the features and quality that serious amateurs can appreciate. These scopes come on heavy-duty computerized German Equatorial mounts with ultra-sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and center tray for superior rigidity and vibration dampening.
|Name||Celestron - C6-NGT 150mm Newtonian Reflector Telescope|
|Alignment Procedures||AutoAlign, 2-Star Alignment, Quick Align|
|Angular Field of View||1.3 °|
|Aperture||150 mm (5.91 in)|
|CD ROM||"The Sky®" Level 1|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Counterweights||1-7 lbs, 1-4 lbs|
|Database||40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Focal Length||750 mm (29.53 in)|
|Magnification 1||38 x|
|Optical Tube Length||27 in (685.8 mm)|
|Power Supply||Car Battery Adapter|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.75 in (44.45 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||8.8 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||29.6 %|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculation|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||2 inch Stainless Steel|