The FirstScope Accessory Kit expands the capabilities of your FirstScope telescope to make it more enjoyable and easier to use, enhance your views of the night sky, and make it safer to transport wherever you go.
- 12.5 mm Eyepiece – 1.25" – Increases the power to 24x which makes it easier to find and observe some objects that require more magnification.
- 6 mm Eyepiece – 1.25" – This eyepiece increases the power to 50x which boosts the magnification up higher to see more detail of faint objects.
- Moon Filter – 1.25" – A moon filter reduces the brightness of the moon and improves contrast so that greater detail can be observed on the lunar surface. The filter has threads on it which screw into the bottom of the eyepieces.
- 5x24 Finderscope & bracket – This finderscope with bracket will make it easier to locate astronomical objects with the FirstScope telescope because of its much wider field of view and low magnification. Installation is simple with no tools necessary.
- Nylon Carrying Bag for FirstScope Telescope – Pack your FirstScope telescope and accessories in this tote bag for easy and safe transportation.
In 1609, world-renowned Italian scientist, Galileo Galilei, introduced an elementary telescope to the growing astronomy community which sparked interest into the mysterious night sky for centuries to come. Four centuries later, in celebration of the International Year of Astronomy 2009, Celestron offers the portable FirstScope Telescope. The FirstScope pays tribute to Galileo Galilei and many of history’s most notable astronomers and scientists by displaying their names around the optical tube. We honor the contributions of these men and women, who brought us one step closer to understanding the universe around us.