Starry Night AstroPhoto Suite 6.2
- Will help you capture beautfiul astrophotographs with step by step instruction
- Control your computerized telescope and imaging equipment to capture and process images
- Astrophotos will reveal colors of faint objects and elusive details your eye cannot detect
- Includes MaxIm DL Lite digital imaging software
Share your passion for astronomy with others by capturing beautiful astrophotographs. Starry Night AstroPhoto Suite will help you every step of the way, from identifying objects to controlling your computerized telescope and imaging equipment to capturing and processing images. The AstroPhoto Suite combines essential features of Starry Night Pro astronomy software with MaxIm DL Lite digital imaging software in one comprehensive, easy-to-use package. Your astrophotos will reveal the colors of faint objects your eye cannot detect and details that elude even the best-trained eye in real-time viewing with a telescope. Capture images of celestial objects that rival those from professional observatories.
Key Features in Starry Night AstroPhoto
- Plan observing sessions with Event Finder that instantly displays celestial events, such as lunar and solar eclipses and conjunctions, for months far into the future
- Create Observing Lists of astronomical objects using a variety of filters such as magnitude, altitude above horizon, type or database. Quickly see what objects you have observed and which ones you still need to hunt down
- Find targets effortlessly with three-view starhopping charts customized to your equipment
- Select your equipment and FOV indicators from expanded default database of over 300 Orion, Meade, Celestron and Vixen scopes, binoculars, SBIG, Apogee, FLI and Starlight Express CCD chips and more
- Controls most popular brands of computerized telescopes including Orion SkyQuest Intelliscope, Meade LX-200 and AutoStar and Celestron Nexstar series (additional cable required)
- Easily import pictures captured and processed with MaxIm DL Lite back into Starry Night
- Receive automatic updates of new discoveries and orbital data of satellites, comets and asteroids
- And all the data and features from Starry Night Pro version 6
Features in MaxIm DL Lite
- Includes the basic tools you need to produce stunning astronomical images
- Smooth and sharpen images by filtering out hot spots or dead pixels
- Calibrate images for crisp shots of the same image
- Combine up to 4 monochrome images into a single full-color image
- Supports webcams and DSLRS, including:
- Entire Canon EOS Digital line (1D, 1Ds, 1Dmkll, 1Dsmkll, 10D, 20D, 20Da, 300D/Rebel/KISS, 350D/Rebel XT, D30 and D60)
- Meade DSI and LPI
- Nikon D70
- Olympus E1, E-300, E-500
- Orion StarShoot Deep-Space
- Set exposure sequences and durations with auto-save to capture images automatically
Starry Night AstroPhoto Suite includes:
- DVD-ROM for Windows XP containing Starry Night AstroPhoto, astronomy software plus plug-in for MaxIm DL Lite
- CD-ROM for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP containing MaxIm DL Lite imaging software
- Exclusive "SkyTheater" DVD with over an hour or original movies about space
- Starry Night Companion, a 192-page illustrated astronomy book
- New, comprehensive 210-page Users Guide
QuickGuide to Starry Night
- If you want to spark your childs curiosity about the night sky, you want Starry Night Constellation Adventure
- If you want a great introduction to astronomy or are looking for a gift, consider Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Pack
- If you are ready to explore more of the Universe and prepare for your first night out under the stars, consider Starry Night Enthusiast
- If you want telescope control, extensive data and comprehensive observational tools not found in any other program, consider Starry Night Pro
- If you want the worlds most powerful astronomy software with unparalleled observation tools and the worlds only full-color photograph of the entire night sky, theres only one choice: Starry Night Pro Plus
- A DVD-ROM drive is required for the installation of Starry Night AstroPhoto (2006 edition) on your computer.
- Requires: Windows XP, 500 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space. OpenGL support requires a 64 MB OpenGL 2.0 capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024x768.
What's the difference between Starry Night Pro and Starry Night AstroPhoto Suite" The Starry Night software included in Starry Night AstroPhoto Suite is a special edition of Starry Night Pro version 6 that interfaces with MaxIm DL Lite. Unique to Starry Night AstroPhoto Suite is MaxIm DL Lite, image processing software that gives you the basic tools to create stunning astrophotography from image acquisition to final processing.
What's the difference between MaxIm DL Lite, MaxDSLR and MaxIm DL/CCD" MaxIm DL Lite included in Starry Night AstroPhoto Suite contains simplified yet powerful tools for creating astrophotography. MaxIm DL Lite controls the same equipment as MaxDSLR. MaxDSLR also includes bulb cable support for DSLRS and additional features such as:
- Autoguider and Focuser Control
- Batch Save and Convert
- Edit Pixels
- Clone Tool
- Bin 2x2 and Bin 3x3
- Information Window, Zoom Window, FITS Header Window and Command Sequence Window
- Equalize Screen Stretch, Remove Bad Pixels and Remove Bloom
- Double Size, Half Size, Curves, Pixel Math and Digital Development
- Flatten Background, White Balance, Adjust Saturation, and Color Adjust.
MaxIm DL/CCD is the premiere package for astronomical imaging and includes:
- Complete observatory integration - control your CCD camera, filter wheel, autoguider, telescope, focuser, and dome. Includes auto-center, auto-focus, and link to planetarium program.
- Supports your equipment - works with more equipment models than any other package.
- Comprehensive image processing tools dozens of filter and processing options, full image preview, filter by brightness level.
- Image analysis tools includes photometric analysis, astrometric reduction, supernova hunting, line/area profile, statistics, and more However, this version does not support DSLRs.