This is a discontinued item. We recommend the StarryNight Pro Plus 7 Version as a replacement.
Starry Night Pro Version 6.2
- Explore over 16 million stars and 1 million deep-sky objects on your PC
- Create a zoomable night sky panorama for any time of any night
- Enjoy over 100 multimedia tours of the universe
- Plan observing sessions with the observational planner
- Control most popular brands of computerized telescopes
Increase your in-the-field observing success with Starry Night Pro version 6. Use the Events Finder to choose targets, or make your own Observing List for a specific night or for specific objects of interest. Print out three-view starhopping charts customized to your equipment that effortlessly guide you to challenging objects. With extensive data sets, advanced telescope control, and comprehensive observational tools, Starry Night Pro is a powerful program designed for the serious astronomer. Transform your computer into a sophisticated virtual observatory.
- Create Observing Lists of astronomical objects using a variety of filters such as magnitude, altitude above horizon, type or database. Quickly see what objects you have observed and which ones you still need to hunt down
- Find targets effortlessly with three-view starhopping charts customized to your equipment * Select your equipment from expanded default database of over 300 Orion, Meade, Celestron and Vixen scopes, binoculars, SBIG, Apogee, FLI and Starlight Express CCD chips and more
- Take advantage of improved Digital Settings Circles Support for non-motorized telescopes such as Orion SkyQuest IntelliScope, NGCMAX, Lumicon Sky Vector, Discovery Digital Star Finder, Orion SkyWizard III, and Celestron Advanced Astromaster
- Control your robotic telescope focuser with Computer Controlled Focuser Support (Windows only). Supported models include
- AstroOptik telescopes, Astrophysics GTO mount, Finger Lakes focusers, Gemini equipped mount, JMI Smart Focus, Meade LX200 and Autostar, Optec TCF-S, and PCFocus. Smoothly track and follow satellites with the Meade LX200/LX400 telescopes (Mac only)
- Recognize 1000+ craters, valleys and more instantly with surface feature outlines for the Moon * View the locations of 160+ extrasolar planets
- Enjoy 8 additional photorealistic Earth horizon panoramas
- Watch the sun set over Gusev Crater horizon panorama created with data from Mars Rover Spirit
- Explore 10+ Moon panoramas taken by Apollo astronauts
- Select from multiple surface maps of Earth, Moon and Mars
- Customize the sky with 3 additional cloud panoramas
- Mimic effects of the atmospheric scattering
- Customize the look and feel of the controls
- And all the new data and features from Starry Night Enthusiast version 6, including:
- Follow the paths of over 25 interplanetary probes through the solar system
- Zoom in on 3-D models of comets, asteroids, satellites and spacecraft
- Plan observing sessions with Event Finder that instantly displays celestial events, such as lunar and solar eclipses and conjunctions, for months far into the future
- Browse a library of over 100 Starry Night files that demonstrate events such as eclipses, planetary alignments and close-ups of galaxies and planets
- And much more.
- Controls most popular brands of robotic telescopes, including Orion SkyQuest Intelliscope, Meade LX200 and Autostar, Celestron Nexstar series and all ASCOM compliant scopes:
- Synchronize your telescope's internal gaze direction with Starry Night
- Home Scope moves your scope to home position for easier computer-to-star alignment
- Park, unpark and set the park position of your scope, which is ideal for scopes placed in a permanent location
- or in one position for several days. Simply unpark the scope and start observing immediately without having to perform a star alignment again or recalibrating Quickly center the Starry Night view on the onscreen telescope position marker
- Configure slew limits prevents the telescope from moving outside a user-defined horizon in both altazimuth and equatorial configurations. This helps protect your valuable equipment from hitting the mount or tripod of the telescope.
- Simulates telescope handbox control o Nudge your scope by seconds, minutes or degrees
- Displays scope altitude and azimuth readout
- See the sky from any location in the universe up to 700 million light years away
- Visit 16,000,000 stars
- Access 500+ million stars online
- Explore PGC Catalog of 980,000 galaxies
- View Zwicky catalog of 9134 clusters
- Select objects from dozens of databases for double stars, quasars and pulsars
- Automatically download Digitized Sky Survey images
- View Milky Way in 12 wavelengths, from infrared, radio to X-ray
- Create custom constellation sets
- Add your own horizon panoramas
- Add custom field of view indicators to match your telescope eyepiece, binoculars, CCDs or DSLRs
- Rotate FOVs directly onscreen o Turn on more than one indicator at a time, especially if you are using a primary scope and a finderscope
- Flip the view to match your telescope, finder or binoculars
- Store comments and images on individual targets in the Log Book
- Export positional data for any object over a specific time span and interval from Ephemeris Generator
- Build your own databases
- Display dynamic Hertzsprung-Russell diagrams
- Activate night vision mode for in-the-field use
- Deepen your explorations and understanding of the universe with over 100 interactive multimedia SkyGuide tours
- See how stars and constellations change over time from 99,999 BC to 99,999 AD
- Create QuickTime VR movies
- And all the data and features from Starry Night Enthusiast version 6
Starry Night Pro version 6 includes:
- DVD-ROM of Starry Night software for Windows and Macintosh
- Exclusive 'SkyTheater' DVD with over an hour or original movies about space
- Starry Night Companion, a 192-page illustrated astronomy book
- New, comprehensive 210-page User's Guide
QuickGuide to Starry Night
- If you want to spark your childs curiosity about the night sky, you want Starry Night Constellation Adventure
- If you want a great introduction to astronomy or are looking for a gift, consider Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Pack
- If you are ready to explore more of the Universe and prepare for your first night out under the stars, consider Starry Night Enthusiast
- If you want telescope control, extensive data and comprehensive observational tools not found in any other program, consider Starry Night Pro
- If you want the worlds most powerful astronomy software with unparalleled observation tools and the worlds only full-color photograph of the entire night sky, theres only one choice: Starry Night Pro Plus
To run Starry Night Pro version 6 you need:
- A DVD-ROM drive is required for the installation of Starry Night Pro version 6.0 on your computer.
- Windows: Requires Windows XP, 500 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space. OpenGL support requires a 64 MB OpenGL 2.0 capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Macintosh: Requires OS X 10.3.9 (Universal) or higher, G3 450 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space. Will not run on OS 9.x or earlier. OpenGL support requires a 64 MB OpenGL 2.0 capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Basic support for joysticks recognized by Windows XP and Mac OS X.
- Requirements for Video DVD: Home DVD player and TV, or computer with DVD player.
Windows Vista Compatibility:
Starry Night 6.2.3 will run on a computer using the Windows Vista operating system. The computer must also have the latest graphics card Vista drivers that supports hardware-accelerated OpenGL installed for the Starry Night software to work.
|Name||StarryNight - Starry Night Pro Version 6.2 - DISCONTINUED|